Xossip

Go Back Xossip > Technology> Computers, Gadgets & Gizmos > Oh ! No,.. Nokia,.. u r disappointment,....

Old 21st February 2017
Banned

ChandrakantOza has received several accoladesChandrakantOza has received several accoladesChandrakantOza has received several accolades
Oh ! No,.. Nokia,.. u r disappointment,....

Oh ! No,.. Nokia,.. u r disappointment,....

NOKIA 6, a disappointmnet ?

Folks, Nokia is back,...... Now it also just jumped into the Cell ( smartphones ) making market again,........ The first one with Android 7.0, Nokia 6 is coming soon,.. already out in China,..

https://youtu.be/T4698Knbg6E

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nokia+6

However, after watching these few videos, I was not that much impressed,.. Price or the context wise,.. I was expecting from them a lot more, in terms of some extremely new designed features that no1 has done yet, lot more battery life, extremely zoomed power camera and speakers, even some rooting features, allowing you to get into the "system files/folders', insertion with a mini laptop kind of, Thumb drive,.. ….. and few features, totally new that never anyone had thought yet,..

But it looks, it’s just an average phone, with nothing new added anywhere so spectacular, in any regards,..

Nokia disappointed me,…. As after having researched that many phone makes all around,...and then they jumped into this smart phone market very late,.. and still da freaking could not feed anything totally new,.. ( R n’ D team's failure, just a poor copy-cat, expensive designed-format nothing else ! ) say for example, how about,..some features like,..

* Charging wireless with some magnetic waves in the rooms,..or generating power for the battery with phone motion and body heat, so battery does not lasts,.. all latest cell's problem is the use of fast consuming battery and low size of batter
*A lot lot lot more powerful battery with minimal space required,..and its life,.. May be powerful button cells,.. Movement charging battery like of any automatic wrist-watches,.. Room-light can make it charged feature,..
* USB - Thumb drives insertion in phone to expand memory when needed and easy transfer of files in and out to a Cell folder,..
* Extremely big amount of RAM that will almost never last,.. also more HD space, Insertion of thumb drive allowed,..
* Automatic rooting allowed to some extent, to get into the system files and folders,.. also can be programed in some area, to make some room,....

I was expecting a lot more from them,…

Alas ! They disappointed.

Wass' yrs opinions,.. ?? I watched 8-10 videos from the above link, and banged my head, as I was expecting a looooottttttt from these main guys... But it seemed, after evaluating Samsungs and Iphones,...they could not build or offer nothing freaking new ! Price is high too,... Quality is just good just like Samsung or I-phones,... but no other advanced designed features in any regards have to offer !! How come?? Sigh !

…

Old 21st February 2017
Banned

ChandrakantOza has received several accoladesChandrakantOza has received several accoladesChandrakantOza has received several accolades
Nokia 8 is also now coming almost back to back with Nokia 6,.. perhaps in India, they will put this better Model,...

No doubt, it's little more roomy, RAM and ROM wise,.. stronger pixel cameras,.. and perfect finish and outlook...... and still not any really really new features at all,...
I had wished, some kind of connection with mini Thumb drive and root-access, like in MSFT windows,....
also some powerful instant battery power ( not "power banks", it's not instant source ) which can be used from mini thumb kind of drive, when battery gets down.

They were thinking this, long ago,.
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/4...r-cell-phones/
https://www.cnet.com/news/qualcomm-wipower-hands-on/

https://youtu.be/RmJLi7ikMXk

Nokia 8 Is Finally Here With 6GB RAM a 128GB ROM and 22.3 MP Camera !

https://www.google.com/search?q=Noki...utf-8&oe=utf-8

/

I am using Samsung galaxy S5 which has, 1 GB RAM and 16GB ROM, so compared to that,
this will be 6 time stronger and will never get tired of running out of space, while loading tons of all updates daily,.. and playing Games and long Movies, using loads of RAMS..

/

Last edited by ChandrakantOza : 21st February 2017 at 03:39 AM.

Old 21st February 2017
Custom title
Visit my website
  Celebrity Contest: Guess the Celebrity Contest      
Mrghostrider has celebrities hunting for his/her autographMrghostrider has celebrities hunting for his/her autographMrghostrider has celebrities hunting for his/her autographMrghostrider has celebrities hunting for his/her autographMrghostrider has celebrities hunting for his/her autographMrghostrider has celebrities hunting for his/her autographMrghostrider has celebrities hunting for his/her autographMrghostrider has celebrities hunting for his/her autograph
First of all, Nokia isn't New to the Smartphone Tech. Because they were already selling Lumia.

Now, Nokia was sold off to Microsoft and only a handful of Employees and the Main branch was retained. So don't expect more from them. They won't be able to compete with the Big Fish now!!

Old 22nd February 2017
Banned

Nokia made Windows system phones earlier, but this is the first time, they are jumping into the Android OS devices,..

PPL have used their push button phones with a standard monopoly for decades and hence expects more from them,..

btw,.. Google phones are also out for a long now,... but no one talks about them,.. and also they are hell expensive,..

PPL are more used to with words like Samsung and Iphones,.... - da monopoly ?

What happens if Dell, Panasonic, Kodak, Nikon, Minolta and Pentax gets into this phone making markets,.... Can they excel all others ?

Old 23rd February 2017
veni, vidi, vici
Visit my website

screwman_2 has hacked the reps databasescrewman_2 has hacked the reps databasescrewman_2 has hacked the reps databasescrewman_2 has hacked the reps databasescrewman_2 has hacked the reps databasescrewman_2 has hacked the reps databasescrewman_2 has hacked the reps databasescrewman_2 has hacked the reps databasescrewman_2 has hacked the reps databasescrewman_2 has hacked the reps databasescrewman_2 has hacked the reps databasescrewman_2 has hacked the reps databasescrewman_2 has hacked the reps databasescrewman_2 has hacked the reps databasescrewman_2 has hacked the reps databasescrewman_2 has hacked the reps database
UL: 34.25 gb DL: 132.18 gb Ratio: 0.26
Nokia just wanted to jump back into the bandwagon looks like...hopefully they make better improvements in their newer models, else they will be back where they were.

Old 23rd February 2017
Custom title
Visit my website
  Celebrity Contest: Guess the Celebrity Contest      
Mrghostrider has celebrities hunting for his/her autographMrghostrider has celebrities hunting for his/her autographMrghostrider has celebrities hunting for his/her autographMrghostrider has celebrities hunting for his/her autographMrghostrider has celebrities hunting for his/her autographMrghostrider has celebrities hunting for his/her autographMrghostrider has celebrities hunting for his/her autographMrghostrider has celebrities hunting for his/her autograph
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandrakantOza View Post
Nokia made Windows system phones earlier, but this is the first time, they are jumping into the Android OS devices,..
Nokia already released N1 tablet with Android in 2015 itself. Android is nothing new for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandrakantOza
PPL have used their push button phones with a standard monopoly for decades and hence expects more from them,..
No one expects much from Nokia now, because they are a very small company now!! They can't afford for Expensive R & D tech.

Quote:
btw,.. Google phones are also out for a long now,... but no one talks about them,.. and also they are hell expensive,..
What do you mean by no one talks about them?? Nexus and Pixels phones are very popular.

Quote:
PPL are more used to with words like Samsung and Iphones,.... - da monopoly ?
How is it Monopoly when you can mention at least 2 companies?? Add Xioami to that list too.

Quote:
What happens if Dell, Panasonic, Kodak, Nikon, Minolta and Pentax gets into this phone making markets,.... Can they excel all others ?
I don't know if you are aware, but Dell and Panasonic already make smartphones. Especially Android smartphones.

Old 23rd February 2017

bangali_babu has disabled reputations
UL: 27.19 gb DL: 23.46 gb Ratio: 1.16
people are starting to forget about nokia...

nokia: go back to sleep.

Old 2nd March 2017
Custom title

assdigger is a pillar of our communityassdigger is a pillar of our communityassdigger is a pillar of our communityassdigger is a pillar of our communityassdigger is a pillar of our communityassdigger is a pillar of our communityassdigger is a pillar of our community
UL: 301.27 mb DL: 128.25 mb Ratio: 2.35
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangali_babu View Post
people are starting to forget about nokia...

nokia: go back to sleep.
Well I'm OK to have nokia once again but this time they have overpriced their phones. They will be in race again but should lower the price in 15k to 30 k range.

Old 4th March 2017
Visit my website

ghappu_singh has disabled reputations
Nokia's android phones are far below the market's expectations.

Old 4th March 2017

chirudance is beginning to get noticed
UL: 68.17 mb DL: 435.67 mb Ratio: 0.16
1'st Android Phone wasn't the best.
1'st Windows wasn't best.

For enthralling us for a decade, Nokia/HMD deserves another chance.

Remember, Nokia in 2002 dedicated entire unit to build robust phones for developing markets... We got 3310, 1100 & such winners.

Nokia, will be the Gold Standard, Only if they put kind of dedication again.

All this is assuming, HMD is retaining the robust build & strength of yesteryears...

Else, gahyee bhais paani me.