Xossip

Go Back Xossip > Technology> E-books > Fiction Daily Updates (no request)

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls

Old 19th January 2013

MANonMAN has disabled reputations
William Landay - The Strangler (v5.0) (epub)

Boston, 1963. A city on edge. On street corners, newsboys hawk the shocking headline: KENNEDY IS DEAD. In the city's underworld, a mob war rages. But what terrifies Bostonians most is the mysterious killer who has already claimed a dozen victims, a murderer whose name is indelibly linked to their city: the Boston Strangler. This is the electrifying backdrop of William Landay's magnificent new novel, a story of one Irish-American family, a city under siege, and the long shadow cast by the most infamous killer of his day . . .

For the three Daley brothers, sons of a Boston cop, crime is the family business. They are simply on different sides of it. Joe is the eldest, a tough-talking cop whose gambling habits—fast women, slow horses—drag him down into the city's gangland. Michael is the middle son; a Harvard-educated lawyer working for an ambitious attorney general, he finds himself assigned to the embattled Strangler task force. And Ricky, the devil-may-care youngest son, floats above the fray as an expert burglar—until the Strangler strikes too close to home.

As Joe's mob debts close in around him . . . and Michael becomes snarled in a murder investigation gone very wrong . . . and Ricky is hunted by both sides of the law, the three brothers—and the women who love them—are forced to take sides. Now each must look deeper into a killer's murderous rage, into their family's own lethal secrets, and into the one death that has changed them forever. As William Landay's complex, compassionate, and terrifying novel builds to a climax, two mysteries will collide—and a shattering truth will be revealed.

http://filesflash.net/apletltk

Old 19th January 2013

DJ Niko - Sarah Weston 01 - The Tenth Saint (v5.0) (epub)

Cambridge archaeologist Sarah Weston makes an unusual discovery in the ancient Ethiopian mountain kingdom of Aksum--a sealed tomb with inscriptions in an obscure dialect. Along with her colleague, American anthropologist Daniel Madigan, she tries to identify the entombed man and translate the inscriptions. Tracking down clues in Addis Ababa and the monasteries of Lalibela, Sarah and Daniel uncover a codex in the subterranean library revealing the secret of the tomb--a set of prophecies about Earth's final hours, written by a man hailed by Ethiopian mystics as Coptic Christianity's 10th saint. Faced with violent opposition and left for dead in the heart of the Simien Mountains, Sarah and Daniel survive to journey to Paris, where they're given a 14th-century letter describing the catastrophic events that will lead to the planet's demise. Connecting the two discoveries, Sarah faces a deadly conspiracy to keep the secret buried in order to promote technological advances presently leading toward the prophesied end of the Earth.

http://filesflash.net/mquwijeu

Old 19th January 2013

AM Homes - May We Be Forgiven (v5.0) (epub)

A darkly comic novel of twenty-first-century domestic life and the possibility of personal transformation

Harold Silver has spent a lifetime watching his younger brother, George, a taller, smarter, and more successful high-flying TV executive, acquire a covetable wife, two kids, and a beautiful home in the suburbs of New York City. But Harry, a historian and Nixon scholar, also knows George has a murderous temper, and when George loses control the result is an act of violence so shocking that both brothers are hurled into entirely new lives in which they both must seek absolution.

Harry finds himself suddenly playing parent to his brother's two adolescent children, tumbling down the rabbit hole of Internet sex, dealing with aging parents who move through time like travelers on a fantastic voyage. As Harry builds a twenty-first-century family created by choice rather than biology, we become all the more aware of the ways in which our history, both personal and political, can become our destiny and either compel us to repeat our errors or be the catalyst for change.

May We Be Forgiven is an unnerving, funny tale of unexpected intimacies and of how one deeply fractured family might begin to put itself back together.

http://filesflash.net/a3x0n144

Old 19th January 2013

Patricia Gussin - Laura Nelson 01 - Shadow of Death (v5.0) (epub)

Pull a trigger and everything changes. Whatever is good and normal dissolves before your eyes. Medical student Laura Nelson had just finished examining her first patient - bullet wound to the head. As she leaves the hospital, an angry voice erupts with obscenities. Shaken and confused, she quickly walks the deserted two blocks to her car, keeping an eye on the dark, riot-torn neighborhood around her - eager to get home to her husband and young sons. Suddenly, a rough hand drags her into a violent double crime. A trigger is pulled, and Laura's world changes forever.

Set amidst the upheaval and smoldering chaos of the Detroit riots of 1967, this story unfolds in a real place at a real time. These riots created a terrible fissure in the social fabric of that city engulfing ordinary people and spinning the normal patterns of life into a downward spiral. Shadow of Death is a story that could happen to any of us, especially those who believe their world and all they cherish will hold together no matter what.

Patricia Gussin - Laura Nelson 02 - Twisted Justice (v5.0) (epub)

For better... Laura Nelson has it all - a successful career as a surgeon, five well-adjusted kids and a gorgeous, prominent husband Steve, a nightly news anchor at the Tampa TV News. For worse... Laura's seemingly perfect world shatters when she discovers that Steve is sharing much more than a news desk and a billboard with Kim, his sexy co-anchor. But Steve's torrid fling with his coworker is about to come to an abrupt end.. Till death do us part... When Kim is murdered, Laura is left holding the smoking gun. How far would Laura go to preserve her perfect life? That's about to become yesterday's news. Now, Laura must fight to protect her freedom as lies, deception and dark secrets threaten to close in on her and change her perfect life into a perfect nightmare. But, looks can be deceiving. And deceit can be deadly. Sexy, alluring and provocative, Twisted Justice delivers fiery hot action, pulse-pounding suspense and a razor-sharp plot full of dangerous curves.

http://filesflash.net/bb7gamlb

Old 19th January 2013

Ian McEwan - Sweet Tooth (v5.0) (epub)

Serena Frome, the beautiful mathematician daughter of an Anglican bishop, has a brief affair with an older man during her final year at Cambridge before taking a job with MI5 in London. The year is 1972: Britain, confronting economic disaster, is being torn apart by industrial unrest and terrorism; the Cold War has entered a moribund phase but the fight goes on and British Intelligence hesitates at little to infuence hearts and minds. MI5 sends Serena, a compulsive reader of novels, on a secret mission that brings her to Tom Healy, a promising young writer. First she loves his stories, then she begins to love the man. Can she maintain the fiction of her undercover life? What is deception and who is deceiving whom? To answer these questions, Serena must abandon the first rule of espionage -- trust no one. Ian McEwan's mastery is more dazzling than ever in this superb story of intrigue, love... and mutual betrayal.

http://filesflash.net/zc066ald

Old 20th January 2013

Chris Kuzneski - The Hunters (v5.0) (epub)

The first in a brand new series from the international bestseller Chris Kuzneski - "If you seek, they will find"...

The Hunters: Financed by a billionaire philanthropist, this elite team - an ex-soldier, an historian, a computer whiz, a weapons expert, and a thief - is tasked with finding the world's most legendary treasures.

The mission: Fearing a German victory in WWI, the Romanian government signed a deal with Russia to guarantee the safety of the country's treasures. In 1916, two trains full of gold and the most precious possessions of the Romanian state - paintings, jewellery, and ancient artefacts - were sent to the underground vaults of the Kremlin. But in the turmoil of war, the treasure was scattered - and lost. Almost a century later, the haul is valued at over 3.5 billion dollars. Despite hundreds of attempts to find it, its location has remained a mystery... Until now.

Can the Hunters find the treasure and succeed where all others have failed?

http://filesflash.net/ypvhezvl

Old 20th January 2013

Peter Watts - Blindsight (v5.0) (epub)

Two months since the stars fell...

Two months since sixty-five thousand alien objects clenched around the Earth like a luminous fist, screaming to the heavens as the atmosphere burned them to ash. Two months since that moment of brief, bright surveillance by agents unknown.

Two months of silence, while a world holds its breath.

Now some half-derelict space probe, sparking fitfully past Neptune's orbit, hears a whisper from the edge of the solar system: a faint signal sweeping the cosmos like a lighthouse beam. Whatever's out there isn't talking to us. It's talking to some distant star, perhaps. Or perhaps to something closer, something en route.

So who do you send to force introductions on an intelligence with motives unknown, maybe unknowable? Who do you send to meet the alien when the alien doesn't want to meet?

You send a linguist with multiple personalities, her brain surgically partitioned into separate, sentient processing cores. You send a biologist so radically interfaced with machinery that he sees x-rays and tastes ultrasound, so compromised by grafts and splices he no longer feels his own flesh. You send a pacifist warrior in the faint hope she won't be needed, and the fainter one she'll do any good if she is. You send a monster to command them all, an extinct hominid predator once called vampire, recalled from the grave with the voodoo of recombinant genetics and the blood of sociopaths. And you send a synthesist—an informational topologist with half his mind gone—as an interface between here and there, a conduit through which the Dead Center might hope to understand the Bleeding Edge.

You send them all to the edge of interstellar space, praying you can trust such freaks and retrofits with the fate of a world. You fear they may be more alien than the thing they've been sent to find.

But you'd give anything for that to be true, if you only knew what was waiting for them...

http://filesflash.net/89coc5tt

Old 20th January 2013

Harry Aderton - Heaven's Night (v5.0) (epub)

When Lucifer challenges the throne of God, it ignites a decades-long war that devastates the serenity of the Heavens. With an arsenal of demonic fallen angels at his side, Lucifer’s march to satanic glory seems imminent.

Archangel Sariel has other plans.

Join acclaimed author Harry Aderton as he takes you on an incredible journey from the pinnacles of heaven to the dark depths of hell. The heroic soul of Sariel is put to the test as he battles fierce warriors in his quest for love and the resurrection of the Heaven he knew.

This addictive novel combines a complex blend of action and passion with the age-old debate of obeying your heart or your duty. Follow the intricate twists and turns as they lead you to the surprising and explosive climax.

Hang on - all hell is about to break loose!

http://filesflash.net/g6bt2rn7

Old 20th January 2013

Karina Cooper - St Croix Chronicles 01 - Tarnished (v5.0) (epub)

My name is Cherry St. Croix. Society would claim that I am a well-heeled miss with an unfortunate familial reputation. They've no idea of the truth of it. In my secret world, I hunt down vagrants, thieves . . . and now, a murderer. For a monster stalks London's streets, leaving a trail of mystery and murder below the fog.

Eager for coin to fuel my infatuations, I must decide where my attentions will turn: to my daylight world, where my scientific mind sets me apart from respectable Society, or to the compelling domain of London below. Each has a man who has claimed my time as his - for good or for ill. Though as the corpses pile, and the treacherous waters of Society gossip churn, I am learning that each also has its dangers. One choice will see me cast from polite company . . . the other might just see me dead.

Karina Cooper - St Croix Chronicles 02 - Gilded (v5.0) (epub)

In the gleaming heights of Victorian London, a world of deception awaits an unconventional Society lady whose taste for adventure makes her a most formidable adversary . . .

Though Society demands that I make a good marriage, I, Cherry St. Croix, have neither the time nor the interest. I am on the trail of a murder with no victim, a mystery with no motive, and the key to an alchemical formula that could be my family's legacy.

Yet the world is not so kind as to let me pursue simple murder and uncomplicated bounties. Above the foggy drift, an earl insists on my attention, while my friends watch my increasingly desperate attempts to remain my own woman. From the silken demands of the Midnight Menagerie - to whose dangerously seductive ringmaster I owe a debt - to the rigorous pressures of the peerage, all are conspiring to place before me a choice that will forever change my life.

http://filesflash.net/db4q9f5m

Old 20th January 2013

Mick Ridgewell - The Nightcrawler (v5.0) (epub)

Scott Randall is a corporate VP on top of the world. To celebrate a massive new deal, he’s going to drive from Detroit to LA. But before he leaves, he makes a bad mistake. He cruelly dismisses a homeless panhandler on the street. Along the road, he swears he sees the panhandler again. Then again. And again. Soon he sees the man—who calls himself the Nightcrawler—even in his dreams. No matter how frantically he tries, Scott can’t escape his relentless pursuer. He thought he was going to LA. But the Nightcrawler has a very different destination in mind.

http://filesflash.net/5d7x36ed

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls