Xossip

Go Back Xossip > ChitChat> Life, Lifestyle, Personal Advice & Tips > Career Advice --> Job Change --> salary

Life, Lifestyle, Personal Advice & Tips Post your questions and problems on any subject. Fellow members will try to help you.

Old 4 Weeks Ago

umesh.b is an unknown quantity at this point
Career Advice --> Job Change --> salary

i work as a technical support executive in a company (i have completed 2yrs 4 months). recently i got a increment of 4.5k so my total salary now in hand is 21k. which i am yet to receive . also i have an offer from another company who is willing me to pay 22k in hand . should i resign from the current job and join the new company or is it wise to stay with the old company for another 3 months (to take incremented salary) and search jobs.

Currently i am 27.
parents are thinking of marriage for me.
but i am worried of my current earnings.

Old 4 Weeks Ago

bangali_babu has disabled reputations
UL: 27.19 gb DL: 23.46 gb Ratio: 1.16
Quote:
Originally Posted by umesh.b View Post
..so my total salary now in hand is 21k. which i am yet to receive . also i have an offer from another company who is willing me to pay 22k in hand . should i resign from the current job and join the new company or is it wise to stay with the old company for another 3 months (to take incremented salary) and search jobs.
It'll be foolish to leave your current job for just 1~2 thousands extra. Do it only if you see more growth at the new company, or if your new job will help you in leading a good life (less work hours, closer to home etc).

But let your current employer know that you are not happy with just a small increment. They might look into it, keeping your current set of responsibilities in view.

Quote:
Currently i am 27.
No amount of money can be enough for anybody.

I earn in lakhs and yet I feel like having some more money. There was a time when even 10K per month salary was enough for me.

Old 4 Weeks Ago
Someday I'll be Your Boss
Visit my website
  Contest Master: Oversees all contests    Super Moderator: Moderator of all forums      
Suzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps database
Send a message via Yahoo to Suzane007 Send a message via Skype™ to Suzane007
UL: 21.98 mb DL: 1.79 gb Ratio: 0.01
Quote:
i work as a technical support executive in a company (i have completed 2yrs 4 months). recently i got a increment of 4.5k so my total salary now in hand is 21k. which i am yet to receive . also i have an offer from another company who is willing me to pay 22k in hand . should i resign from the current job and join the new company or is it wise to stay with the old company for another 3 months (to take incremented salary) and search jobs.
Leaving a company for 1-2k is not at all a good idea. At least look for 10-15% hike in the new company's salary, experience does matter.

If you have job satisfaction in the current company then be there and try to have an increment in the salary with time as 2 years experience is fine but not good. An experience of 5 years or more is more sound.

Quote:
Currently i am 27.
If you are not a girl, forget about marriage before 30. Concentrate on your job.

I'm not referring your salary, as whatever you will you will not be satisfied.
N.B.All the pics posted by me have been downloaded from the internet.Credit goes to the original uploaders.Anyone having any complaint against any pics please don't request me to remove them unless & until they violate the rules of Xossip.Once its on the net, its everywhere.Just like virginity;once lost, its lost forever.

Old 4 Weeks Ago

umesh.b is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank u all for your valuable inputs.

Should I inform the new employer that I am joining ? Also I have signed their offer letter ? Will it have any future consequences ?
in future will I be able to apply in that company ???

Old 3 Weeks Ago

bangali_babu has disabled reputations
UL: 27.19 gb DL: 23.46 gb Ratio: 1.16
Quote:
Should I inform the new employer that I am joining ?
You mean not joining? Yes, you should keep them informed of your decision.

Quote:
Also I have signed their offer letter ? Will it have any future consequences ?
Take it as a lesson learnt and in future, don't sign any agreements without understanding the pros and cons.
Quote:
in future will I be able to apply in that company ???
It all depends on the hiring policies of that company. If they need you, they'd take you without any grudges. But most of the companies don't entertain repeat candidates for the next 6~12 months. And some companies never consider repeat candidates, based on their background.