Xossip

Go Back Xossip > Technology> Technical Help & Tutorials > I have old phone lying...i want to root the software..which software is best

Old 3 Weeks Ago

smitanew is an unknown quantity at this point
I have old phone lying...i want to root the software..which software is best

I have old phones lying idle...i want to root the software..which software is best. Help me suitable link to software........

Mobile: samsung and Moto e...

I will try my hands on them ...is there any major issue in rooting....phone is out of warranty....

Old 3 Weeks Ago
MultiNational Chutiya™
  Hotty Spotter: Bollygallery contest      
satan_lucifer has disabled reputations
you need to flash a custom recovery like twrp recovery first.
you can search it in xda,also you will get a .zip of root files.
once flashed the custom recovery, you are good to go with the rooting process.

keep calm, don't panic while doing this. It takes time.

there no harm in rooting. I have had done lot of rooting,installing custom rom,then getting back to stable.
see that you recovery your phone backup after installing custom recovery. you will need this.

Note:
Recovery sometimes doesnt work if you recover with your stock recovery. because, you will be running a rooted device with a custom recovery, so I recommend you backup again after flashing custom recovery.

You can revert to stock anytime.

Last edited by satan_lucifer : 3 Weeks Ago at 04:31 PM.

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Banned

Himalaya10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Rooting generally is risky,.... Also if you are not a real geek-tech, even after rooting now you do not know what to do.,.. and how to gain,.. how to enlarge memory and such,..

Rooting is like a post-Morten and making the phone in all different spare parts,..

Now it has an open exposure to virus and security coz all the Cell's preventive,..control are off,...

Best bet be,...

go to youtube.com and in search box type - your phone's name and model e.g. " Rooting Samsung galaxy 5 " Read and study all related videos,. if rooting is available and possible,..

Also google search for your Model and study others,.. what are merits and demerits,..

Also search some common videos on YT with words,.. " rooting of a phone " and few videos are really guiding a lot, about what to do and why,..

Last edited by Himalaya10 : 3 Weeks Ago at 09:27 PM.

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Let's put a smile on that Face

Bad_Joker is hunted by the papparaziBad_Joker is hunted by the papparaziBad_Joker is hunted by the papparaziBad_Joker is hunted by the papparaziBad_Joker is hunted by the papparazi
I am a tech noob and I always use software like kingroot to root my phone and tab. Always got the warning that it may brick my phone, but fortunately never experienced that. Rooting was really helpfull for iball, samsung and micromax as it was pre installed with some junk useless apps, something like paying a lot of money to these phone co so they can advertise in my phone.
now using redmi, they also come with loads of software, but somehow they are kind enough to allow me to uninstall them.

Old 3 Weeks Ago
MultiNational Chutiya™
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Joker View Post
I am a tech noob and I always use software like kingroot to root my phone and tab. Always got the warning that it may brick my phone, but fortunately never experienced that. Rooting was really helpfull for iball, samsung and micromax as it was pre installed with some junk useless apps, something like paying a lot of money to these phone co so they can advertise in my phone.
now using redmi, they also come with loads of software, but somehow they are kind enough to allow me to uninstall them.
redmi is worse.
you have to send an application to mi, to unlock bootloader.
download and run mi flash, then your bootloader will be unlocked.
after that, you can root your mi device.

Note:
if you are applying for bootloader unlocking, provide genuine reason and login in to mi flash with mail id. sometimes, it wont work.
use the mail id used for your current mi account.

Old 3 Weeks Ago
MultiNational Chutiya™
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himalaya10 View Post
Rooting generally is risky,.... Also if you are not a real geek-tech, even after rooting now you do not know what to do.,.. and how to gain,.. how to enlarge memory and such,..

Rooting is like a post-Morten and making the phone in all different spare parts,..

Now it has an open exposure to virus and security coz all the Cell's preventive,..control are off,...

Best bet be,...

go to youtube.com and in search box type - your phone's name and model e.g. " Rooting Samsung galaxy 5 " Read and study all related videos,. if rooting is available and possible,..

Also google search for your Model and study others,.. what are merits and demerits,..

Also search some common videos on YT with words,.. " rooting of a phone " and few videos are really guiding a lot, about what to do and why,..

rooting is never risky. chances are very minimal.

chances of phone to brick is when you install some other os on your android device.

like, installing windows on an android

Last edited by satan_lucifer : 3 Weeks Ago at 11:03 AM.

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Bad_Joker is hunted by the papparaziBad_Joker is hunted by the papparaziBad_Joker is hunted by the papparaziBad_Joker is hunted by the papparaziBad_Joker is hunted by the papparazi
Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_lucifer View Post
redmi is worse.
you have to send an application to mi, to unlock bootloader.
download and run mi flash, then your bootloader will be unlocked.
after that, you can root your mi device.

Note:
if you are applying for bootloader unlocking, provide genuine reason and login in to mi flash with mail id. sometimes, it wont work.
use the mail id used for your current mi account.
I told u I am technically handicapped. But I root a phone to uninstall unwanted pre loaded apps...thats all, and for once I used it for downgrading my Xolo firmware.

What else you can do witha rooted phone? ( Not very much interested in installing custom ROM as they usually are buggy)

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_lucifer View Post
rooting is never risky. chances are very minimal.

chances of phone to brick is when you install some other os on your android device.

like, installing windows on an android
Mera tech help ka jawab de.