Xossip

Go Back Xossip > ChitChat> Life, Lifestyle, Personal Advice & Tips > Moving to Chennai, Please give me the answers of my questions

Life, Lifestyle, Personal Advice & Tips Post your questions and problems on any subject. Fellow members will try to help you.

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls

Old 6th May 2011

dino_rock_u is an unknown quantity at this point
Moving to Chennai, Please give me the answers of my questions

I am moving from nagpur to chennai in the month of July as I got an offer from a company situated at Ascendas IT Park, CSIR Road, Taramani, Chennai. It seems there are a lot of exbians out there. Could you people please share your views on the city and area around so that I can get mentally prepared the do's and don't.

I am a north indian married guy, my wife doesn't know and understand English, so my in-laws saying we are going to have to face a lot of trouble. Still correct me if I am wrong and do share your views.

ps. Never been to chennai before.

Also guide me about the average rent of a 2BHK flat around Ascendas IT Park and near by area within the reach of 15-20 minutes

Thanks and Regards

Last edited by dino_rock_u : 6th May 2011 at 11:01 AM.

Old 6th May 2011

vvimal9 is beginning to get noticed
UL: 87.48 gb DL: 156.52 gb Ratio: 0.56
Though speaking level of tamil is preferred but it is not essential as many north indians live in chennai. No worries on that part. The nearest market for you would be Adyar.

the average 2 bhk rent around that place would vary anywhere from 8000 - 15000 depends on the locality

The other thing you should worry about in that locality where you are searching for house is good drinking water.

Season - Only 3. Hot -> Hotter - > Hottest.

Last edited by vvimal9 : 6th May 2011 at 11:28 AM.

Old 6th May 2011

bala_samdan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bala_samdan
UL: 0.00 b DL: 6.51 mb Ratio: 0.00
freind,,you have to stayng in thiruvanmiyur ,,calm place,,,lot of facilitys is there,,
u r office is in near OMR road,,
OMR is in development,,,lot of flat is there with security,,,
no prob,, good life

Old 6th May 2011

sandhyacute is beginning to get noticed
rapidly developing part of chennai, close to beach, definitely safer, but house rents will be costly, Tamil is must because very few natives know hindi but still with english u can manage.

cost of living is cheaper than other metros, bengaluru , hyderabad etc.,

definitely chennai is better place to live, dont get tensed

Old 7th May 2011

dino_rock_u is an unknown quantity at this point
how many months advance is taken by flat owner? Someone says 10 months, some say 6 months? Can u tell me about this?

Old 7th May 2011

fpsrussia has many secret admirers
don't ever get a house in velachery else during rainy season u have to face trouble.
get a house in thiruvanmiyur,ECR road is next to it.so unlimited fun and excitement.
language is not a problem in chennai.many shopowners know hindi so no problem.
and ascendas is 15 mins from tiruvanmiyur

Old 7th May 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino_rock_u View Post
how many months advance is taken by flat owner? Someone says 10 months, some say 6 months? Can u tell me about this?

10 months probably. for other state people mostly a year rent is asked as advance.
build a good relation with tenant.

Old 7th May 2011
abs...
Visit my website
  Silver Coins: Contributed $25-$100 for XP server fund      
hotty_guy has hacked the reps databasehotty_guy has hacked the reps databasehotty_guy has hacked the reps databasehotty_guy has hacked the reps databasehotty_guy has hacked the reps databasehotty_guy has hacked the reps databasehotty_guy has hacked the reps databasehotty_guy has hacked the reps databasehotty_guy has hacked the reps databasehotty_guy has hacked the reps databasehotty_guy has hacked the reps databasehotty_guy has hacked the reps databasehotty_guy has hacked the reps database
UL: 431.84 mb DL: 1.10 gb Ratio: 0.38
hi bro , i also belong to nagpur ... live in shivaji nagar ,cement road .... once i got chance to visit chennai .. experience wasn't good ... none helped me in finding a address .. even some people replied angrily bcoz i was northy ... people see u like u r alien or untoucjable .... totally racist behaviour .... if possible , try shift to banglore or hyderabad ..... chennai , i wont recommend ... forget hindi at all , people their hate hindi , as if its not their country language or thy belong to some other country .... they dont mix up with you at all ....

you go n settle out all needs , then call ur wife their .... i wish tht u don't experience such thing like i did .... BOL

Old 7th May 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotty_guy View Post
hi bro , i also belong to nagpur ... live in shivaji nagar ,cement road .... once i got chance to visit chennai .. experience wasn't good ... none helped me in finding a address .. even some people replied angrily bcoz i was northy ... people see u like u r alien or untoucjable .... totally racist behaviour .... if possible , try shift to banglore or hyderabad ..... chennai , i wont recommend ... forget hindi at all , people their hate hindi , as if its not their country language or thy belong to some other country .... they dont mix up with you at all ....

you go n settle out all needs , then call ur wife their .... i wish tht u don't experience such thing like i did .... BOL

a guess u where never in chennai.try to get a bus from ascendas to kelambakkam,full northies.bus will ahve atleast 25-30 northies and in padur(hindustan university) has about 1000-2000 northies.

Old 7th May 2011
abs...
Visit my website
  Silver Coins: Contributed $25-$100 for XP server fund      
hotty_guy has hacked the reps databasehotty_guy has hacked the reps databasehotty_guy has hacked the reps databasehotty_guy has hacked the reps databasehotty_guy has hacked the reps databasehotty_guy has hacked the reps databasehotty_guy has hacked the reps databasehotty_guy has hacked the reps databasehotty_guy has hacked the reps databasehotty_guy has hacked the reps databasehotty_guy has hacked the reps databasehotty_guy has hacked the reps databasehotty_guy has hacked the reps database
UL: 431.84 mb DL: 1.10 gb Ratio: 0.38
why would i lie ... i went long back ... SRM university , which is quite famous ... its doesnt matter how many northies r their .... it was my n my friend personal experience ... may b it won't happen to others .. but , chances r more ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpsrussia View Post

a guess u where never in chennai.try to get a bus from ascendas to kelambakkam,full northies.bus will ahve atleast 25-30 northies and in padur(hindustan university) has about 1000-2000 northies.

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls