Xossip

Go Back Xossip > ChitChat> Life, Lifestyle, Personal Advice & Tips > Moving to Chennai, Please give me the answers of my questions

Life, Lifestyle, Personal Advice & Tips Post your questions and problems on any subject. Fellow members will try to help you.

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls

Old 7th May 2011
bottle mai aam,BBM hai naam!!!

bigblackmeat has celebrities hunting for his/her autographbigblackmeat has celebrities hunting for his/her autographbigblackmeat has celebrities hunting for his/her autographbigblackmeat has celebrities hunting for his/her autographbigblackmeat has celebrities hunting for his/her autographbigblackmeat has celebrities hunting for his/her autographbigblackmeat has celebrities hunting for his/her autographbigblackmeat has celebrities hunting for his/her autographbigblackmeat has celebrities hunting for his/her autograph
I have never been to TN. But people who work in my company (esp north Indians who work in TN) have given bad report about the people of TN.It seems they have a bad attitude towards north Indians. Speaking Tamil/English is a must else form vegetables vendors to everyone else will try to cheat u.

But still,since u have got a job, i will recommend u go and take a first hand experience and then come to any conclusion.

Old 7th May 2011
Never say never

DNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universe
UL: 3.90 gb DL: 7.71 gb Ratio: 0.51
If one had a bitter experience that doesn't mean everyone will have the same.

@ T.S
It is better to find a North Indian neighbour or calleague who can speak tamil or atleast have experience in handling southies. You will find many as you 're in IT sector.

First you come alone, Study the situation n get usedto it. Then call your family after few months.

I'm also from chennai n I have many north indian calleagues who agrees, Chennai is the safest, economic n people friendly city unlike other metros.

Old 7th May 2011

dancinghost is beginning to get noticed
UL: 6.78 gb DL: 13.27 gb Ratio: 0.51
been to chennai for approx. 25-30 times in last 8~10 years.

my PERSONAL experience - ignore if you have already decided to shift -

Climate (someone correctly mentioned - hot -hotter-hottest)

people - most rude you may ever come acorss (politness is very rare trait)

if you don't know thier lingo - life will be surely hell.

speaking hindi is a sin.

fair complexion with north indian looks are not welcome.

it may be easy to shift to interors of bihar, up or orissa.

sorry if i 've offended anyone's feelings but it is one of the worst shithole to live (though scenerio for professional or business growth is better than many other cities).

Old 7th May 2011
hawaa hawaa hawawaa hawaaaa
  Super Moderator: Moderator of all forums    Diamond: Contributed more than $250 for XP server fund    Diamond: Contributed more than $250 for XP server fund      
Ondipuli has hacked the reps databaseOndipuli has hacked the reps databaseOndipuli has hacked the reps databaseOndipuli has hacked the reps databaseOndipuli has hacked the reps database
Send a message via Yahoo to Ondipuli
UL: 301.51 mb DL: 1.11 gb Ratio: 0.27
well, the TS is going to live in some proper chennai while the one who have give negative comments have lived/visited chennai suburban.

@TS don worry the place you are going to stay i.e thriuvamiyr,tidel park, tramani is a business place so mostly even the auto drivers knw better english so no worries. And also for buying groceries,clothers other acessories you have branded shops where you wont face any language problem.

If you ask help is hindi then ur life is really miserable as no one here knows a word of it here. English will save your head for sure.

Old 7th May 2011

dedust has many secret admirers
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino_rock_u View Post
I am moving from nagpur to chennai in the month of July as I got an offer from a company situated at Ascendas IT Park, CSIR Road, Taramani, Chennai. It seems there are a lot of exbians out there. Could you people please share your views on the city and area around so that I can get mentally prepared the do's and don't.

I am a north indian married guy, my wife doesn't know and understand English, so my in-laws saying we are going to have to face a lot of trouble. < image > Still correct me if I am wrong and do share your views.

ps. Never been to chennai before.

Also guide me about the average rent of a 2BHK flat around Ascendas IT Park and near by area within the reach of 15-20 minutes

Thanks and Regards
Only GOD can help..
Here Chennai is known for its worst climate.. and humidity

When it comes to life.. sucks...

Visit My Thread

Old 7th May 2011

rnn_mthw has many secret admirers
Chennai is the best metro in India.
The problems you may face in Chennai are common in all metros but i would say the life here is much better than other metros/cities.
The one single reason you should love Chennai = THE SAFEST METRO..
There is just one reason if anyone hates Chennai and that is the HOT CLIMATE..

Old 7th May 2011
Custom title

ambush has disabled reputations
UL: 26.06 gb DL: 25.28 gb Ratio: 1.03
Its not an issue with Chennai. If you go to any metro in India without knowing the language, people will try to rip you off. Rudeness is inherent in all Indian cities. It comes out most when you look different form the majority. North Indians moving to south is a newer phenomenon than South Indians moving to North. Believe me, North Indians don't score well on the politeness scale in the south Indians book.

Old 7th May 2011

johndoe7today is beginning to get noticed
<rant>

It's not the people of Madras/South India/India... it's just "people".

In my life, I have never seen any place that has good people with little golden halos on their heads or bad people with two red horns exclusively. Wherever you live, you will come across people who are like angels, demons and everything in between.

Your experience at a certain place only depends on how good you are at manipulating the demons to think you are a friend - at least a non-enemy, and pleasing the angels enough to take advantage of their inherent good nature. The longer you live an intense fast life, the better you get at this.

</rant>

The above rant was only directed at the other contributors bickering over regional identities.

Actually, the TS only asked about the practicalities of Chennai life. Not an abstract philosophical treatise on the reasons that drive southies to hate northies and vice-versa

To Madras (I like what the colonials did to the name), I've been only once - 6yrs ago when I was 14. The things I remember in my 2-day trip were: that awesome long chain of little smuggled goods shop in some sort of bazaar - the name escapes me. The fucking humid heat. The great fun of riding a horse on the (thorn-filled) beach where they seem to sell a lot of shells. All-in-all, a vibrant exciting lively place

Old 7th May 2011

Slade has disabled reputations
UL: 5.79 gb DL: 5.09 gb Ratio: 1.14
You are requested to post replies relevant to the topic only. All content posted must be clear and unambiguous. No idle chit-chat or sarcastic replies will be tolerated in this section.

Doing so will result in admonitory action in the form of infraction and if required, a ban.

xyster

Last edited by xyster : 7th May 2011 at 07:40 PM.

Old 7th May 2011

rag_bh is beginning to get noticed
UL: 57.75 gb DL: 23.81 gb Ratio: 2.43
People from North are moving to south for their daily bread now (because of IT/SW companies in Bangalore, Hyderabad and Chennai).
Before it was madrasi's moving to Mumbai for their living
The time changes very fast:)

Try if you can shift to Bangalore instead of Chennai, which is truly cosmopolitan city.

Last edited by rag_bh : 7th May 2011 at 08:08 PM.

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls