Xossip

Go Back Xossip > ChitChat> Life, Lifestyle, Personal Advice & Tips > Moving to Chennai, Please give me the answers of my questions

Life, Lifestyle, Personal Advice & Tips Post your questions and problems on any subject. Fellow members will try to help you.

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls

Old 7th May 2011
Custom title

ambush has disabled reputations
UL: 26.06 gb DL: 25.28 gb Ratio: 1.03
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino_rock_u View Post
I am moving from nagpur to chennai in the month of July as I got an offer from a company situated at Ascendas IT Park, CSIR Road, Taramani, Chennai. It seems there are a lot of exbians out there. Could you people please share your views on the city and area around so that I can get mentally prepared the do's and don't.
Chennai is like any other Indian city for the average middle-class indian guy. Typical conservative culture. The same rules that you followed in nagpur would apply here. There would be minor cultural shocks, but noting dramatic.You are expected to dress conservatively and keep unique ways of personal expression to the minimum.

If you are into partying late into the night. Chennai doesn't offer the same conveniences as bangalore. Pubs/bars close at 10 and you might see more policemen paroling the streets. They may pull you over for no reason. This can be good or bad the way you look at it -- if you are a proponent of free-speech and freedom, you might find this invasion of your privacy and rights troubling, on the other hand, its the thing that make Chennai the safest Metro.

Quote:
I am a north indian married guy, my wife doesn't know and understand English, so my in-laws saying we are going to have to face a lot of trouble. < image > Still correct me if I am wrong and do share your views.
If she is the typical Indian housewife and she is open to a change of setting, she could pick up tamil in 2 months. If she has a negative attitude towards learning a new language, she could find it tough. I have seen a lot of north indian Ladies who don't speak Tamil.

Quote:
Also guide me about the average rent of a 2BHK flat around Ascendas IT Park and near by area within the reach of 15-20 minutes

Thanks and Regards

Chennai was supposed to be the cheapest metro. But all that have changed in the past few years. Now, its more expensive than Bangalore when it comes to rent and food. You have to pay at least 10 months rent as deposit to get a flat. And the rent will be atlest 8K for areas near your office, since its the main IT area.

Old 7th May 2011
Custom title

keanapundai has received several accoladeskeanapundai has received several accoladeskeanapundai has received several accoladeskeanapundai has received several accoladeskeanapundai has received several accolades
UL: 360.97 kb DL: 840.97 kb Ratio: 0.43
Chennai is the Cheapest, Safest metro in india.... when people migrate from south india to north india they learn hindi... like wise u must be prepared to learn Tamil... u cant expect the whole world to speak hindi right.... a number of north indian people lead successful and peaceful lives in chennai knowing Tamil... I ve even seen many punjabis too speaking good tamil... so dont worry...

Last edited by rajarajan : 8th May 2011 at 01:18 AM.

Old 7th May 2011
(BeParWaH)
Visit my website

{Bhau} has celebrities hunting for his/her autograph{Bhau} has celebrities hunting for his/her autograph{Bhau} has celebrities hunting for his/her autograph{Bhau} has celebrities hunting for his/her autograph{Bhau} has celebrities hunting for his/her autograph
UL: 1.26 gb DL: 317.69 mb Ratio: 4.05
Quote:
Originally Posted by hustlertech View Post
Jeez, go easy on the font color and size will you!
Having said that, Hindi is our national language, FYI, so yeah, not just south Indian, EVERY Indian must know Hindi. If you want to call yourself an India, agree to or atleast respect the constitution. As far as learning local languages is concerned, it might be an icing on the top, but can you please explain how can any state/region call itself a part of India without accepting and learning the national language. Are you going to go to new mexico and parts of texas in US and say, you dont want to learn english and just spanish coz thats whats spoken there? Well, good luck with that
when did we meet

anyways to TS ...chennai hmm ...one hell of a climate here ..
ascendas ..great place with indoor facilities like even a few shops 2-3 food courts ...(although food is worst there even )...
for livin ...lots of areas ...get ahome in trivanmayur near NIFT ...heard its a bit of a mess in rainy season (anyhow whole chennai is mess on those days ..)
other options ..besant nagar / indira nagar / adayar area in general..good place (plz note i do not live anywhere here ..just go for occassional shoppin) ...

anyhow ...the place where u r gonna work is clean and i guess closest location will be either taramani or indira nagar...

regards
{bhau}

if u have any queries for this area in general u can ping me bro...

PS: don't bring family till aug ....its bloody hell of a climate here ....

Old 7th May 2011

hustlertech has received several accoladeshustlertech has received several accoladeshustlertech has received several accoladeshustlertech has received several accolades
Send a message via Yahoo to hustlertech
Quote:
Originally Posted by {Bhau} View Post
when did we meet

lol, never! why would you ask that?

Old 8th May 2011
(BeParWaH)
Visit my website

{Bhau} has celebrities hunting for his/her autograph{Bhau} has celebrities hunting for his/her autograph{Bhau} has celebrities hunting for his/her autograph{Bhau} has celebrities hunting for his/her autograph{Bhau} has celebrities hunting for his/her autograph
Quote:
Originally Posted by {Bhau} View Post
when did we meet

anyways to TS ...chennai hmm ...one hell of a climate here ..
ascendas ..great place with indoor facilities like even a few shops 2-3 food courts ...(although food is worst there even )...
for livin ...lots of areas ...get ahome in trivanmayur near NIFT ...heard its a bit of a mess in rainy season (anyhow whole chennai is mess on those days ..)
other options ..besant nagar / indira nagar / adayar area in general..good place (plz note i do not live anywhere here ..just go for occassional shoppin) ...

anyhow ...the place where u r gonna work is clean and i guess closest location will be either taramani or indira nagar...

regards
{bhau}

if u have any queries for this area in general u can ping me bro...

PS: don't bring family till aug ....its bloody hell of a climate here ....
misquote

Old 8th May 2011
has attained Nirvana

budmaash has disabled reputations
Send a message via AIM to budmaash Send a message via MSN to budmaash Send a message via Yahoo to budmaash
UL: 1.15 gb DL: 2.02 gb Ratio: 0.57
Guys, let's stick to the Topic instead of arguing about status of Hindi as official/national language of India. Am sure, the TS is well versed in English and can make do with it

PS : any subsequent Off Topic post discussing about Hindi/Tamil/any other language will be removed.

Last edited by budmaash : 8th May 2011 at 07:10 AM.

Old 8th May 2011

Led Zeppelin has celebrities hunting for his/her autographLed Zeppelin has celebrities hunting for his/her autographLed Zeppelin has celebrities hunting for his/her autographLed Zeppelin has celebrities hunting for his/her autographLed Zeppelin has celebrities hunting for his/her autographLed Zeppelin has celebrities hunting for his/her autographLed Zeppelin has celebrities hunting for his/her autograph
UL: 0.00 b DL: 1.90 mb Ratio: 0.00
Typical stereotype mentality reply from Northies here. Things will never change. No point in arguing abt tht. Even i had horrid time in bhopal, MP as i knew very few words in hindi. It happens, i dont judge. I hope u Northies with ur attitude dont end up breaking up India.

Anyways,

Try staying near by places like Adyar, Thiruvanmiyur, Indira Nagar or even Taramani/ OMR area places. But, mainly check for the water qlty before moving in, coz places in thiruvanmiyur and some OMR areas wud have salty water.

There are tons and tons of Hindi speaking people in tht area coz of IT, Will language be an issue for ur wife? obviously it will, if she doesnt speak English. She can pick up few things and surely manage.

For Groceries and stuff u have Reliance Fresh, Foodworld , Nilgiris and other places, whr u wont have language problem.

If u r so adamant tht u will live only with ur community, Try out Sowcarpet, the whole area is full of hindi speaking people. But its in North of Chennai. Taramani is in deep south of chennai.

Last edited by Led Zeppelin : 8th May 2011 at 09:37 AM.

Old 8th May 2011

Led Zeppelin has celebrities hunting for his/her autographLed Zeppelin has celebrities hunting for his/her autographLed Zeppelin has celebrities hunting for his/her autographLed Zeppelin has celebrities hunting for his/her autographLed Zeppelin has celebrities hunting for his/her autographLed Zeppelin has celebrities hunting for his/her autographLed Zeppelin has celebrities hunting for his/her autograph
Quote:
Originally Posted by keanapundai View Post
Chennai is the Cheapest, Safest metro in india.... when people migrate from south india to north india they learn hindi... like wise u must be prepared to learn Tamil... u cant expect the whole world to speak hindi right.... a number of north indian people lead successful and peaceful lives in chennai knowing Tamil... I ve even seen many punjabis too speaking good tamil... so dont worry...
Yeah, Punjabis never complain, they speak beautiful Tamil, they mingle with the local population. Esp the sardarjis owning the Motor spare parts shops

Safer city... I agree, and raping isnt a passtime here, unlike in North.

People are relatively more disciplined, best place check tht out is in Railways.

Old 8th May 2011

Repped Kaz

Old 8th May 2011
(BeParWaH)
Visit my website

besant nagar has ample no. of northies even adayar region in particularly too ...northie concentration is way high here even (from experience @spencers in adayar region ..lotsa aunt-unkils speak hindi there .) moreover a part of besant nagar near ramoji house has CPWD quarters ...means mixed population ...

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls