Xossip

Go Back Xossip > ChitChat> Life, Lifestyle, Personal Advice & Tips > Moving to Chennai, Please give me the answers of my questions

Life, Lifestyle, Personal Advice & Tips Post your questions and problems on any subject. Fellow members will try to help you.

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls

Old 11th May 2011

dino_rock_u is an unknown quantity at this point
Can anyone tell me how is Perungudi area to rent flat?

Old 11th May 2011
Reincarnated Wizard of eXBii
  Silver Coins: Contributed $25-$100 for XP server fund      
ultimate_me is one with the universeultimate_me is one with the universeultimate_me is one with the universe
UL: 1.98 gb DL: 1.00 gb Ratio: 1.99
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino_rock_u View Post
Can anyone tell me how is Perungudi area to rent flat?
perungudi is decent choice....and yes the rents should b a lot lesser than that of thiruvanmiyur n adyar... but chk the location first... there is a sewage treatment plant somewhere in that area... ensure the place u looking for is far away from it.... u should also consider velachery in any case... the problems highlighted by posters are exaggerated to say the least!

Old 12th May 2011

padava_rascal is beginning to get noticed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_me View Post
u should also consider velachery in any case... the problems highlighted by posters are exaggerated to say the least!
i stayed in velacherry and nw moved adambakkam. i think it is not much exaggerated.

Most of the appartments in velacherry are built first floor and ground as car paraking because of the water stagging problem. fr normal rain water drains in two r three hour. but heavy rain it will stag for a week.

TS & his family is new to chennai. At present, Velachrry is not the correct place fr them.

சுவற்றில் முட்டி முட்டி யோசிப்போர் சங்கம்

Old 12th May 2011

pgrrajan is an unknown quantity at this point
UL: 119.98 mb DL: 1.13 gb Ratio: 0.10
Chennai is best place

language problem is not that big and lot of north indians live near acendas it park so do not worry about it. u better try to see a house in taramani or tiruvanmiyur or perungudi areas which will be very easy for ur office and these places are very good locality and all basic felicities are available very close. hope this will help u take care bye

Old 13th May 2011
secret within a secret

sandeep_guy has celebrities hunting for his/her autographsandeep_guy has celebrities hunting for his/her autographsandeep_guy has celebrities hunting for his/her autographsandeep_guy has celebrities hunting for his/her autographsandeep_guy has celebrities hunting for his/her autograph
UL: 45.47 gb DL: 56.93 gb Ratio: 0.80
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino_rock_u View Post
I am moving from nagpur to chennai in the month of July as I got an offer from a company situated at Ascendas IT Park, CSIR Road, Taramani, Chennai. It seems there are a lot of exbians out there. Could you people please share your views on the city and area around so that I can get mentally prepared the do's and don't.

I am a north indian married guy, my wife doesn't know and understand English, so my in-laws saying we are going to have to face a lot of trouble. < image > Still correct me if I am wrong and do share your views.

ps. Never been to chennai before.

Also guide me about the average rent of a 2BHK flat around Ascendas IT Park and near by area within the reach of 15-20 minutes

Thanks and Regards
dude the place you are visiting is called as new chennai.and its far more better then the older one.....the environment is very good and you ll like the place..as far as moving with your wife is concerned there might be a lil problem as most of the person staying near ascendas from northern india are bachelors,but still you can find good residential campus with all amenities, there are loads of these around the It campus....you can try akshaya , TVH or purvankara they have massive residential township coming around It park..
best of luck

Old 12th July 2011

raju4masti is beginning to get noticed
Send a message via Yahoo to raju4masti
Dear Dino...In Perungudi u will find houses at lesser rent but the society is not so good. In Thiruvanmiyur u will get a decent society & a decent house. Make it a habit of talking in English with everyone.. That will help you dealing with Bus conductors, Vegitable vendors, Auto wala's etc.... Never utter in Hindi to them... If they hear Hindi Words...they will try to cheat you... Learn small words of tamil, so that u can make out what they intend to say.... Though a good place in terms of living conditions ...like u can happily roam the city wid ur wife /gf thru out the nite .... very few crime rate .... the cost of living is less ....but people are sadist ..The weather is always hot... Never ever bring woolen clothes / jackets etc.. 1st come alone ... be comfortable ...then bring ur family ...You can befriend some shop owners in ur locality who are marwari's .. they will help you in tamil.... for more pm me...

Last edited by raju4masti : 12th July 2011 at 01:34 PM. Reason: spell

Old 6th August 2011

danroy111 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblackmeat View Post
I have never been to TN. But people who work in my company (esp north Indians who work in TN) have given bad report about the people of TN.It seems they have a bad attitude towards north Indians. Speaking Tamil/English is a must else form vegetables vendors to everyone else will try to cheat u.

But still,since u have got a job, i will recommend u go and take a first hand experience and then come to any conclusion.
When I was in Chennai (for 4 weeks) my Tamil friends cautioned me that the vendors/taxi drivers will try to cheat me .... I told them that I am from Delhi, which is a capital in cheating if you look like an outsider. Chennai is an extremely friendly place compared to New Delhi ... and if you can survive in Delhi, you will flourish in Chennai. Locals don't speak English... you may have to use sign language.... but they are NOT Cheats, they are very good people..

Old 6th August 2011
Custom title

keanapundai has received several accoladeskeanapundai has received several accoladeskeanapundai has received several accoladeskeanapundai has received several accoladeskeanapundai has received several accolades
UL: 360.97 kb DL: 840.97 kb Ratio: 0.43
forget hindi if u plan to shift to chennai....

Old 6th August 2011

sri77 is an unknown quantity at this point
UL: 15.18 gb DL: 11.84 gb Ratio: 1.28
Chennai is a very good place to live (cost wise, culture wise , except climate :P)...

Chennai ungalai anbudan varaverkirathu ( Welcome to chennai)

Old 2 Weeks Ago

mkck is beginning to get noticed
share best pubs in chennai and good place to pick up girls in chennai

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls