Xossip

Go Back Xossip > ChitChat> Life, Lifestyle, Personal Advice & Tips > how to stop drinking

Life, Lifestyle, Personal Advice & Tips Post your questions and problems on any subject. Fellow members will try to help you.

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls

Old 2nd July 2018

docxossip is an unknown quantity at this point
how to stop drinking

my younger brother is 35 yr old, with wife and 2 kids, and in a good paying job.
lately he has started drinking daily with consequent fights at home, accidents from drunk driving etc. he says he wants to leave this habit but not able to do so.
how should we proceed?
thanks in advance.

Old 10th July 2018

EthanMitchel is an unknown quantity at this point
I`m really sad about youre problem. I think he should go to doctor. Btw there is a smart drugs on https://nootropicboost.com that can help him! If he will try it, he will understand that they are good and helpfull, and he cant drink with them. So maybe thats a point!

Old 10th July 2018
Following your gameplan, Coach

the_last_rites has disabled reputations
Hey man. He is going to need help. There is a reason addiction is classified as a disease.
Detective Shane Vendrell: Ruff.

Old 11th July 2018
A ROCK > ME < ONE "HARD" NUT
  Gold Coins: Contributed more than $100 for XP server fund      
mylapore2004 has disabled reputations
Yes. Alcohol is an addiction and spirals out of control very fast if one does not seek help ASAP. But reality is that one needs to quit for self.

Speak with a doctor and depending on the geographical location, approach the nearest de-addiction center or "alcoholic anonymous" chapter if available.

Discipline and self control needs to be exercised and family support is very crucial.
There is going to have to be every concerted effort to stop oneself from reaching out for another glass because once can fall off the wagon pretty quick and make things worse.

My brother-in-law's elder brother fell off the wagon while trying to clean up and never recovered because he loved to drink at any cost.
Lost the battle - his wife divorced him and took the kids, but he still did not stop hitting the bottle.

He ultimately lost his life last year - cause of the death being liver cirrhosis

So yeah, one needs to go in for all this with a very positive mind about wanting to really quit.

Personally speaking, neither the doctors nor AA meetings helped me in any way. The good lord upstairs was benevolent to give me the sheer will power because I quit cold turkey seven years ago.

All the best to your brother.

And yeah, found that quitting drinking is way easier than quitting smoking the cancer sticks

Instead of even trying,
suggest everyone to
Click here to see all my OLD threads.

Old 11th July 2018

gowindo has many secret admirersgowindo has many secret admirers
LastRites's comment that addiction needs to be dealt with professionally, is the best thing.

For some reason that may not be possible, not accessible where you live or not affordable. See if family can support if he has intent.

If the drinking has gone up significantly recently, was there any trauma, abuse or bad life event or bout of depression ?

Look up CBT, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Known to have helped. Mindfulness Meditation Techniques also known to help.

Old 11th July 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowindo View Post
LastRites's comment that addiction needs to be dealt with professionally, is the best thing.

For some reason that may not be possible, not accessible where you live or not affordable. See if family can support if he has intent.

If the drinking has gone up significantly recently, was there any trauma, abuse or bad life event or bout of depression ?

Look up CBT, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Known to have helped. Mindfulness Meditation Techniques also known to help.
Thank you for elaborating more on it. Reps added. I hope OP intervenes before it's too late.

Old 11th July 2018
Custom title

Just a Salesman has received several accoladesJust a Salesman has received several accoladesJust a Salesman has received several accolades
Baai Baatli Jugar Nasha

Womanizing Drinking Gambling Narcotics Smoking Internet Addiction (Latest Addition to list)

All the above 100% destroys the person, the family.

NEEDS PROFESSIONAL HANDLING.
CONTACT UR PHYSICIAN OR A PSYCHIATRIST WHO WILL THEN REFER TO A PROFESSIONAL

There are a lot of Internet Addicts on NHB

Old 12th July 2018

avi20072008 is an unknown quantity at this point
You dont need doctor. Only a strong will can get rid of such habits.

Old 12th July 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by SawanKiGhata View Post
I don’t know. Find some other website where people can help you. Find something else for yourself too, your hand is not made to grab the glass or ass or dick only.
GTFO of here chump. No one here offered him counselling. Just trying to point him in right directions is all. We're not claiming to be substituting for professional advice here. I could give you my professional opinion though. Your strictly dickly diet makes you unlikeable.

Old 13th July 2018
Tere Liye . . . .

lockpascal has hacked the reps databaselockpascal has hacked the reps databaselockpascal has hacked the reps databaselockpascal has hacked the reps databaselockpascal has hacked the reps databaselockpascal has hacked the reps databaselockpascal has hacked the reps database
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylapore2004 View Post

And yeah, found that quitting drinking is way easier than quitting smoking the cancer sticks
It's reverse for me. I quited Smoking 6 years back. But, drinking still sticked. I try to loose it, but it comes back once in a semester. Currenlty, stopped whisky, run, vodka etc etc. Only 1 thing is not leaving me - Beer.

Last six months, it hit me 4 times with can of 4 to beers. But, not a single puff of cigarette in last 6 years.

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls