Xossip

Go Back Xossip > ChitChat> Life, Lifestyle, Personal Advice & Tips > How is Debit Card fraud done without OTP

Life, Lifestyle, Personal Advice & Tips Post your questions and problems on any subject. Fellow members will try to help you.

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls

Old 15th July 2017
Retired....
Visit my website

dilliappu has received several accoladesdilliappu has received several accoladesdilliappu has received several accolades
i was once scammed , but that bastard returned the money

Have you seen the announcement yet?
Old 15th July 2017

Amitwithhotwife.83 has received several accoladesAmitwithhotwife.83 has received several accoladesAmitwithhotwife.83 has received several accoladesAmitwithhotwife.83 has received several accolades
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilliappu View Post
how come did that happen?

Last edited by Amitwithhotwife.83 : 15th July 2017 at 10:47 PM.

Old 16th July 2017

Just a Salesman has many secret admirers
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilliappu View Post
Nobody returns money for free. What service did u offer in return?

Old 16th July 2017
Click here!
Visit my website

bangali_babu has disabled reputations
I got hold of one of such scamster over phone, residing in UP/Bihar area. After exchanging lots of sweet words, he switched off his phone. He had tricked one of my relatives into giving him OTP... twice!

Police was unhelpful but I chased the money trail and finally got the money back into the debit card. Because it's digital money, transactions can be reverted if you are quick enough. It's almost impossible to get the money back if it's real cash.

Old 19th July 2017
Visit my website

l04f3r is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to l04f3r
So first thing first..
"Security is just An illusion" .. Yes its true. you are made to believe that you are secure. truth is Any one with enough skills and brain can fuck you up within minutes.

"99.99% secure is 100% insecure". Do you know there are many factors involved in your OTP .. First the SMS gateway particular bank uses to send OTP can be compromised. Second you mobile may have malware installed. third the guys sitting in mobile company can see your sms too

These 3 i know because i m related to the domain. there may be other things as well... Like breaking your wifi through which your phone uses internet. Or cracking the algorithm on which banks send OTP.

Old 19th July 2017

Just a Salesman has many secret admirers
Quote:
Originally Posted by l04f3r View Post
So first thing first..
"Security is just An illusion" .. Yes its true. you are made to believe that you are secure. truth is Any one with enough skills and brain can fuck you up within minutes.

"99.99% secure is 100% insecure". Do you know there are many factors involved in your OTP .. First the SMS gateway particular bank uses to send OTP can be compromised. Second you mobile may have malware installed. third the guys sitting in mobile company can see your sms too

These 3 i know because i m related to the domain. there may be other things as well... Like breaking your wifi through which your phone uses internet. Or cracking the algorithm on which banks send OTP.
Very true. Even life is not secure 100% so what about cards. Better prevention than look for cure.

Old 24th July 2017
Custom title
  Gold Coins: Contributed more than $100 for XP server fund    Mr Xossip: Mr XP Contest Winner      
viks13579 has disabled reputations
Send a message via Yahoo to viks13579
My dad few months back told me to say 16 digit numbers to someone on the phone who said he is calling from bank. Lol I gave him wrong numbers and cvv as 420.

Old 24th July 2017

raja0707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by swon View Post
international transaction supported cards usually don't require otp password. if that's the case then mere card no and other details like ccv and expiry is only required to initiate transaction. so its very important you not even show such cards to anyone as those numbers can be easily memorized from just glancing. its always risky yo do offline transactions with such cards as money can be withdrawn from anywhere from the world. for offline purchases always stick with india only supported cards like what provided by sbi and others. these card require otp password for every online transaction so even if number is leaked they can't initiate online transaction without otp.
Good number of countries have not made second level authentication mandatory i.e. otp or pin is not required on websites and pos, this cud be the reason

Old 24th July 2017
aka platform

swon has celebrities hunting for his/her autographswon has celebrities hunting for his/her autographswon has celebrities hunting for his/her autographswon has celebrities hunting for his/her autographswon has celebrities hunting for his/her autographswon has celebrities hunting for his/her autograph
yes this is also the reason why majority of Indian debit and credit cards not work for international transactions.

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls