Xossip

Go Back Xossip > ChitChat> Life, Lifestyle, Personal Advice & Tips > Problem: Unable to resign because I have to give account of devices and equipments I was incharge of.

Life, Lifestyle, Personal Advice & Tips Post your questions and problems on any subject. Fellow members will try to help you.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 10th September 2017
Ambernath Ambernath is offline
 
Join Date: 5th December 2016
Posts: 31
Rep Power: 3 Points: 9
Ambernath is an unknown quantity at this point
Problem: Unable to resign because I have to give account of devices and equipments I was incharge of.

Even getting fired from any job or resigning is not easy because while leaving, you have to give account of all the devices and equipments you were incharge of.

At the time of joining, I didn't know that you are responsible for not only the property but also the records of all items. I didn't know that there is such thing as stock book. Nobody told me that whenever you receive any device or equipment for the lab you are alloted, you have to mention it in stock book.

Now the two problems are:

1. I joined a polytechnic college as a lab instructor in Department of Mechanical Engineering. I was incharge for one computer lab. Then after few months, another computer lab already furnished with additional computers was added to our department (Mechanical Engg Dept). I didn't bother to enter the records of newly acquired computers because I was inexperienced and had no knowledge of the concept of stock book. As I said before, nobody educated me that you had to enter the information about newly acquired computer systems in stock book. So I don't know what should I say if they ask an account of number of computers in the stock book.

2. Now another problem. This is a different matter. Don't connect this with above point no. 1. Recently, suddenly, out of 61 systems, some 20 odd systems have got damaged. I don't know the cause – voltage fluctuations or student mischief. Whatever be the reason, they would think that all systems didn't get damaged together all at once but it started to happen one by one. They may ask, "What were you doing these many days when they were getting damaged one by one?" They may not even believe my words because of my poor image.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Last edited by Ambernath : 10th September 2017 at 08:55 PM.

Reply With Quote
Have you seen the announcement yet?
  #2  
Old 13th September 2017
raasug raasug is offline
Custom title
 
Join Date: 30th April 2012
Posts: 1,763
Rep Power: 17 Points: 2236
raasug is a pillar of our communityraasug is a pillar of our community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambernath View Post
... while leaving, you have to give account of all the devices and equipments you were incharge of.
Yes ! If you have signed and received some items, either at the time of joining in the job or later during your job, then it is your responsibility to hand it over back to the next person who is taking over the responsibilities from you.

At the time of joining in the job, I am sure you have taken charge of certain records, books, equipments and keys of the cup boards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambernath View Post
... At the time of joining, I didn't know that you are responsible for not only the property but also the records of all items. I didn't know that there is such thing as stock book. Nobody told me that whenever you receive any device or equipment for the lab you are alloted, you have to mention it in stock book.
If you have not taken over the stocks and the stock book, updated, at the time of joining in the job, then they cannot ask you to return something you have not received.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambernath View Post
1. I joined a polytechnic college as a lab instructor in Department of Mechanical Engineering. I was incharge for one computer lab. Then after few months, another computer lab already furnished with additional computers was added to our department (Mechanical Engg Dept). I didn't bother to enter the records of newly acquired computers because I was inexperienced and had no knowledge of the concept of stock book. As I said before, nobody educated me that you had to enter the information about newly acquired computer systems in stock book. So I don't know what should I say if they ask an account of number of computers in the stock book. .
If the system of maintaining the stock books and annual physical verfication of stocks is not there, then they cannot ask you about that. There are other senior members like, Lecturers, Professors Head of the department. They are also answerable for all these lapses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambernath View Post
2. Now another problem. This is a different matter. Don't connect this with above point no. 1. Recently, suddenly, out of 61 systems, some 20 odd systems have got damaged. I don't know the cause voltage fluctuations or student mischief. Whatever be the reason, they would think that all systems didn't get damaged together all at once but it started to happen one by one. They may ask, "What were you doing these many days when they were getting damaged one by one?" They may not even believe my words because of my poor image.
Some equipments getting repaired and damaged etc is normal. They cannot ask you why and how. So long as the equipment is there, it is the responsibility of the management to appoint a competent contractor for annual maintenance of these computer systems, UPS, Battery etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambernath View Post
WHAT SHOULD I DO?
When did you join in that job ? How long you are working there ? Is there any appointment letter ? Any Job specifications mentioned there ? Any terms and condition mentioned in the appointment letter ? Who was working in that place before you joined in that job ? How was he managing all these ?

Based on your reply I can advise you about it.

Reply With Quote
Have you seen the announcement yet?
  #3  
Old 13th September 2017
Nebelwerfer Nebelwerfer is offline
 
Join Date: 12th August 2017
Posts: 683
Rep Power: 1 Points: 366
Nebelwerfer has many secret admirers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambernath View Post
They may not even believe my words because of my poor image.
Must have taken the job seriously. Complete the books now. Contain the damage!

Reply With Quote
Have you seen the announcement yet?
  #4  
Old 16th September 2017
SuperBat SuperBat is offline
Custom title
 
Join Date: 31st May 2008
Posts: 1,105
Rep Power: 24 Points: 927
SuperBat has received several accoladesSuperBat has received several accoladesSuperBat has received several accoladesSuperBat has received several accolades
Send a message via Yahoo to SuperBat
go to police & ask them for help.

Reply With Quote
Have you seen the announcement yet?
  #5  
Old 16th September 2017
remo_ram2's Avatar
remo_ram2 remo_ram2 is offline
REMO
Visit my website
  Councillor: Council Member      
Join Date: 23rd October 2012
Posts: 9,433
Rep Power: 32 Points: 14232
remo_ram2 is one with the universeremo_ram2 is one with the universeremo_ram2 is one with the universeremo_ram2 is one with the universe
Send a message via Yahoo to remo_ram2
pay for it and earn the damage in the next job
______________________________
MY Thread. Click to see my work and add REPS
http://http://www.xossip.com/showthread.php?t=1197927
http://www.xossip.com/showthread.php?t=1474065

Reply With Quote
Have you seen the announcement yet?
  #6  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Ambernath Ambernath is offline
 
Join Date: 5th December 2016
Posts: 31
Rep Power: 3 Points: 9
Ambernath is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBat View Post
go to police & ask them for help.
Are you serious? The police favours the rich and powerful not the righteous or the law-abiding people.

Reply With Quote
Have you seen the announcement yet?
  #7  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
raasug raasug is offline
Custom title
 
Join Date: 30th April 2012
Posts: 1,763
Rep Power: 17 Points: 2236
raasug is a pillar of our communityraasug is a pillar of our community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambernath View Post
Are you serious? The police favours the rich and powerful not the righteous or the law-abiding people.
The police will not take up the case, because it is not criminal in nature nor disturbance of Law and order !

Director of Technical Education is the higher authority. However they may wash off their hands saying that "It is an internal matter between Employer and employee"

Perhaps you can seek the help of any lawyer who can issue a legal notice to the polytechnic and can file a case in court of law. But the court matters are prolonged affairs may take considerable time to get relief !

Reply With Quote
Have you seen the announcement yet?
  #8  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Ambernath Ambernath is offline
 
Join Date: 5th December 2016
Posts: 31
Rep Power: 3 Points: 9
Ambernath is an unknown quantity at this point
My fate will be known in about 1 to 1.5 months. They are going to do thorough inspection of all systems. If I emerge safe, I will have money to login to Xossip again.

Else, Goodbye in advance.

Reply With Quote
Have you seen the announcement yet?
  #9  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Ambernath Ambernath is offline
 
Join Date: 5th December 2016
Posts: 31
Rep Power: 3 Points: 9
Ambernath is an unknown quantity at this point
There is a difference of 5 systems (5 extra systems physically present but no mention of it in stock book).

The inspection was done by kind and friendly colleagues. But despite all their efforts to help me they would have to tell the truth to higher-ups (like HOD and Principal).

Last edited by Ambernath : 3 Weeks Ago at 05:52 PM.

Reply With Quote
Have you seen the announcement yet?
  #10  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Ambernath Ambernath is offline
 
Join Date: 5th December 2016
Posts: 31
Rep Power: 3 Points: 9
Ambernath is an unknown quantity at this point
The relevant rule here is 'Might is Right'. The rich and the powerful can do anything according to their whims. Nobody questions them. This management has the temerity to ask full original price even if the computers date back to 1990s.

There was an incident 5 years ago when one college staff had to pay for stolen monitors in his room. He grumbled but couldn't do anything.

Reply With Quote
Have you seen the announcement yet?
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:30 PM.
Page generated in 0.02767 seconds