Xossip

Go Back Xossip > Technology> Computers, Gadgets & Gizmos > Help me upgrade my PC

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls

Old 4th October 2017

tobermory is a pillar of our communitytobermory is a pillar of our communitytobermory is a pillar of our communitytobermory is a pillar of our communitytobermory is a pillar of our communitytobermory is a pillar of our community
Quote:
Originally Posted by asluvu View Post
recently I was playing Hitman on my pc and it suddenly got shut down! I ckecked my cabinet and found that it has gotten heated! Also, I'm getting strange noise from the processor! So I've made up my mind to UPGRADE the whole system.
You don't need to upgrade your system just because it is heating up !!!! Download CPUZ and check CPU temperatures when the system is idle and when playing games. I don't know what you mean by your 'CPU heating up' but from the tone of your post, I'm assuming its the cabinet that you found heating up (CPU = processor =/= cabinet-dubba).

Before you spend money on a new system, remove the heatsink from the processor, clean the heatsink of accumulated dust and apply a good quality thermal paste like Coolermaster in the heatsink and the processor. If you don't know how to do it, ask any two bit computer technician to do it for you. CPU fan noise suggests dust ... in such case, even vacuuming the cabinet helps a lot (if you do vacuum, open the cabinet, block the fan on the heatsink from rotating using a pencil on something and vacuum all the dust; avoid disturbing the wires or loosening the RAM or graphics card but if you do, all you'd need to do is firmly re-seat them, no harm).

And yes, your request for suggestions refer to a completely new system, not an upgrade. The kind of money you'd spend on a new system can instead go for a kickass graphhics card, if the rest of your components are fine.

If you do want to go for a new system, read and read lot. No offence, but evidently from your post, you don't have the slightest clue about computer hardware.

Have you seen the announcement yet?
Old 5th October 2017

asluvu is beginning to get noticed
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobermory View Post
You don't need to upgrade your system just because it is heating up !!!! Download CPUZ and check CPU temperatures when the system is idle and when playing games. I don't know what you mean by your 'CPU heating up' but from the tone of your post, I'm assuming its the cabinet that you found heating up (CPU = processor =/= cabinet-dubba).

Before you spend money on a new system, remove the heatsink from the processor, clean the heatsink of accumulated dust and apply a good quality thermal paste like Coolermaster in the heatsink and the processor. If you don't know how to do it, ask any two bit computer technician to do it for you. CPU fan noise suggests dust ... in such case, even vacuuming the cabinet helps a lot (if you do vacuum, open the cabinet, block the fan on the heatsink from rotating using a pencil on something and vacuum all the dust; avoid disturbing the wires or loosening the RAM or graphics card but if you do, all you'd need to do is firmly re-seat them, no harm).

And yes, your request for suggestions refer to a completely new system, not an upgrade. The kind of money you'd spend on a new system can instead go for a kickass graphhics card, if the rest of your components are fine.

If you do want to go for a new system, read and read lot. No offence, but evidently from your post, you don't have the slightest clue about computer hardware.
Thank you for your detailed solution. I'll elaborate my problem in detail:

When I play games like mass effect 3 or titanfall 2 there's a lil bit of heating of the cpu which I felt from the outside (by touching the cabinet). Recently when I was playing Hitman the cabinet got so hot that my pc got shut down!
As far as the noise is concerned its become a regular thing.

I clean my cabinet every week and yes i tried the vaccum thing. The noise is still there! You also provided me a solution to use thermal paste. But for some reasons my processor and mobo got glued! I mean the computer engineer was unable to separate them. He said it might damage the board/processor.

I accept that I don't have the slightest idea about hardware or else why would I ask you guys for help.

Please help me make my pc futureproof!

Old 2 Weeks Ago

supersama is beginning to get noticed
Do you have AC in your room? If Yes , Switch it on when you play the game and place the PC close to it. This may sound rubbish, but it still helps

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls