Xossip

Go Back Xossip > Technology> Computers, Gadgets & Gizmos > Apps Downloading problem n Micromax Canvas Fire 2 !

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls

Old 30th June 2018
\~! Im Active !~/
  Celebrity Contest: Guess the Celebrity Contest      
Mrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutpalm View Post
One thing surprised me though: The phone came with several pre-installed apps (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.). There was no option to uninstall them; the only option available was to disable them. I had done that a long time back.

Today morning, I reenabled those apps (there were 7 or 8 of them) and updated the apps. There were no problems with this. This decreased free space by 1 GB.

I imagined that the preinstalled apps go into the /system partition. But the decrease in free space was in the /data partition. So I was surprised. But maybe that's the way it's done?

So these apps seem to go into the user partition, but there's no option provided to uninstall them (I can only disable them).

Screenshots (left is with some pre-installed apps disabled and 3.3 GB free, right is with those apps updated and free space is now 2.3 GB):

< image > < image >
Didn't you say you haven't rooted your phone?? then /system won't be accessible. even for read

Old 30th June 2018
www.FilesFlash.net

coconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrghostrider View Post
Didn't you say you haven't rooted your phone?? then /system won't be accessible. even for read
Phone is not rooted. Data was provided by the FX File Explorer app.

The phone is Samsung Galaxy J7. The /system partition must be almost filled up for all the devices with this particular model number, so the manufacturer presumably knows what's going on, i.e., that the /system partition is almost full. Whatever OTA updates need to be done will be managed accordingly by the manufacturer.

Last edited by coconutpalm : 30th June 2018 at 09:26 PM.

Old 30th June 2018
\~! Im Active !~/
Mrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutpalm View Post
Phone is not rooted. Data was provided by the FX File Explorer app.

The phone is Samsung Galaxy J7. The /system partition must be almost filled up for all the devices with this particular model number, so the manufacturer presumably knows what's going on, i.e., that the /system partition is almost full. Whatever OTA updates need to be done will be managed accordingly by the manufacturer.
FX cant access that data if you don't have root. May be that estimation is wrong?

Old 30th June 2018
/r/XossipNoHoldsBarred/

thermometer1 has received several accoladesthermometer1 has received several accoladesthermometer1 has received several accoladesthermometer1 has received several accoladesthermometer1 has received several accolades
Quote:
/system won't be accessible. even for read
Not necessarily

So long, and thanks for all the fish

Old 30th June 2018
www.FilesFlash.net

coconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universe
Quote:
FX cant access that data if you don't have root. May be that estimation is wrong?
I used another app: DiskInfo. It also shows 60.7 MB free in the /system partition.

Old 1st July 2018
\~! Im Active !~/
So i tried FX and did not gave root for that. It showed /system but with skeleton folders. i was not able to read anything inside any folder.

I was right in being even read is not possible without root.

And i think the size of those partitions are stores elsewhere (they need it to show on settings screen) and that's what these apps are accessing to display the size

Old 1st July 2018
/r/XossipNoHoldsBarred/

thermometer1 has received several accoladesthermometer1 has received several accoladesthermometer1 has received several accoladesthermometer1 has received several accoladesthermometer1 has received several accolades
Quote:
And i think the size of those partitions are stores elsewhere (they need it to show on settings screen) and that's what these apps are accessing to display the size

Old 2nd July 2018
www.FilesFlash.net

Found another phone with Android Marshmallow: Moto G 2015 (XT1550). The sizes of the various partitions as given there:
Quote:
/system - 2.3 GiB (ext4 filesystem)
/cache - 256 MiB (ext4 filesystem)
/data - 11.9 GiB (Flash Friendly filesystem)

Source:
reddit DOT com/r/Android/comments/496sn3/lets_clear_up_the_confusion_regarding_storage_in/

Old 3rd July 2018
/r/XossipNoHoldsBarred/

Quote:
Source:
/r/Android/comments/496sn3/lets_clear_up_the_confusion_regarding_storage_in/

Android is such a frigging mess

Old 3rd July 2018
www.FilesFlash.net

Quote:
So i tried FX and did not gave root for that. It showed /system but with skeleton folders. i was not able to read anything inside any folder.

I was right in being even read is not possible without root.

Using the FX File Explorer app, here is /system/etc and /system/fonts:

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls