Xossip

Go Back Xossip > Technology> Computers, Gadgets & Gizmos > Which is Better Display for handsets ?

Old 1st October 2017

jonnyhandsome has received several accoladesjonnyhandsome has received several accoladesjonnyhandsome has received several accoladesjonnyhandsome has received several accolades
Which is Better Display for handsets ?

which is better display in handset TFT ,AMOLED or Super AMOLED ? I got this which i m copy pasting here . "The biggest disadvantage that AMOLED has is the shorter lifespan of the screen compared to TFT. Each pixel in the display degrades with each second that it is lit and even more so the brighter it is. Despite improvements on the lifetime of AMOLED displays, AMOLED still only lasts a fraction of the lifetime of a TFT display. With that said, an AMOLED display is able to outlast the usable lifetime of the device before parts of it start to degrade."
Need experts views on this .

Have you seen the announcement yet?
Old 2 Weeks Ago

prince singhaniya is an unknown quantity at this point
i think qhd IPS display is also a great display I am using it qhd means 4 times better display and resolution it also available in cheap android mobile ..

Old 2 Weeks Ago

tobermory is a pillar of our communitytobermory is a pillar of our communitytobermory is a pillar of our communitytobermory is a pillar of our communitytobermory is a pillar of our communitytobermory is a pillar of our community
A display is as cool as it appears to your eye. I hate my Google Pixel display and used to love GS3 ... go figure. So far as shorter lifespan is concerned, these days, any Android would be outdated (and practically useless as a smartphone) in 5 years and every display will outlive the Android OS version. iOS probably does better on that front.

Last edited by tobermory : 2 Weeks Ago at 02:52 PM.

Old 2 Weeks Ago

fourier21 has disabled reputations

Last edited by fourier21 : 2 Weeks Ago at 11:49 PM.

Old 4 Days Ago

AdventureGuy has received several accoladesAdventureGuy has received several accoladesAdventureGuy has received several accolades
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobermory View Post
A display is as cool as it appears to your eye. I hate my Google Pixel display and used to love GS3 ... go figure. So far as shorter lifespan is concerned, these days, any Android would be outdated (and practically useless as a smartphone) in 5 years and every display will outlive the Android OS version. iOS probably does better on that front.
fuck lg and their quality control. My g3 came with warm display. on searching the net, found out two batches of screens were made for g3 and one batch was little warm whereas another was cool

replaced thru official service center and the new one also had warm display. sold off within 2 days.