Xossip

Go Back Xossip > ChitChat> News, Reviews & Gossip > IAS Officer Smita Sabharwal Sends Legal Notice To Outlook For Sexist Article Calling Her 'Eye Candy'

Closed Thread Free Video Chat with Indian Girls

Old 5th July 2015
www.FilesFlash.net

coconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universe
UL: 84.11 gb DL: 40.21 gb Ratio: 2.09
IAS Officer Smita Sabharwal Sends Legal Notice To Outlook For Sexist Article Calling Her 'Eye Candy'

IAS Officer Smita Sabharwal Sends Legal Notice To Outlook For Sexist Article Calling Her 'Eye Candy'

HuffPost India | By Adrija Bose
Posted: 01/07/2015 15:42 IST Updated: 01/07/2015 15:43 IST

NEW DELHI — A woman IAS officer, one of the youngest to have cracked the tough civil services exam in 2001, has sent a legal notice to a weekly news magazine for a blatantly sexist article that described her as 'eye candy'.

Smita Sabharwal has also called the article "distasteful, cheap and titillating” in the notice sent to the Outlook magazine which in a recent write-up titled 'No Boring Babu' said the IAS officer made "a fas*h*ion sta*tement with her lovely saris and serves as eye candy at meetings."

The article was accompanied by this cartoon.

Sabharwal had secured the all-India 4th rank in the Union Public Service Commission exams.

The writer reportedly spoke to “leading party politicians” who “admitted” that Sabharwal served as “eye candy at meetings”. But now Outlook has some major damage control to do.

The five page legal notice has been sent to editor-in-chief Krishna Prasad and Hyderabad-based assistant editor Madhavi Tata asking the magazine for a detailed apology. The magazine has been given a 15-day period to act, failing which Sabharwal has threatened to file a criminal and civil suit against it.

The notice alleged that Outlook has "deliberately played mischief by implying that Sabarwal's portfolio was a mystery.”

"Sabarwal's hard work, dedication and her excellence at her chosen profession are washed away by the mere fact of her being an attractive, young and successful woman who has also accomplished quite a lot professionally, owing to her dedication and perseverance,” says the notice.

The notice says that the Sabharwal was "extremely disturbed" by the article.

The IAS officer, however, has scored major points with women on social media for taking a stand against everyday sexism at the workplace.

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/2015/07...n_7695330.html

Old 5th July 2015
Custom title

pinkman is hunted by the papparazipinkman is hunted by the papparazipinkman is hunted by the papparazipinkman is hunted by the papparazi
Please, respect every woman.
1. Birth
2. WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS
3. Death

Old 5th July 2015
BFF
  Contest Organizer: Active organizing member of an ongoing contest    Moderator: Moderator of some forums      
amitachcha86 has hacked the reps databaseamitachcha86 has hacked the reps databaseamitachcha86 has hacked the reps databaseamitachcha86 has hacked the reps databaseamitachcha86 has hacked the reps databaseamitachcha86 has hacked the reps databaseamitachcha86 has hacked the reps databaseamitachcha86 has hacked the reps databaseamitachcha86 has hacked the reps databaseamitachcha86 has hacked the reps databaseamitachcha86 has hacked the reps databaseamitachcha86 has hacked the reps databaseamitachcha86 has hacked the reps database
We should respect women. Every women is not eye candy

Old 5th July 2015
dooki is my girl :love:
  MasalaDesi Birthday Feast: 1st Runner Up - Uploaders Category      
kunwara42010 has hacked the reps databasekunwara42010 has hacked the reps databasekunwara42010 has hacked the reps databasekunwara42010 has hacked the reps databasekunwara42010 has hacked the reps databasekunwara42010 has hacked the reps databasekunwara42010 has hacked the reps databasekunwara42010 has hacked the reps databasekunwara42010 has hacked the reps databasekunwara42010 has hacked the reps databasekunwara42010 has hacked the reps databasekunwara42010 has hacked the reps databasekunwara42010 has hacked the reps databasekunwara42010 has hacked the reps database
Send a message via Yahoo to kunwara42010
UL: 27.11 gb DL: 6.68 gb Ratio: 4.06
here magazine should pay panelty

Old 5th July 2015
Retired....
Visit my website

dilliappu has received several accoladesdilliappu has received several accoladesdilliappu has received several accolades
the bastard who put this article in magazine should think of shagging his own sister/mother

Old 5th July 2015
Custom title

Always Right is hunted by the papparaziAlways Right is hunted by the papparaziAlways Right is hunted by the papparaziAlways Right is hunted by the papparazi
She is rated as "People's Officer".

Very smart and good looking officer. Her husband is an IPS. she is from WB.

Old 5th July 2015
Retired....
Visit my website

dilliappu has received several accoladesdilliappu has received several accoladesdilliappu has received several accolades
Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Right View Post
She is rated as "People's Officer".

Very smart and good looking officer. Her husband is an IPS. she is from WB.

pevert

Old 5th July 2015
chut lund gaand bhosda

I=me is one with the universe
Send a message via Yahoo to I=me
UL: 88.97 mb DL: 353.14 mb Ratio: 0.25
she should do a topless protest in response to this sexist article

Old 5th July 2015
Custom title

kamdev_1 has celebrities hunting for his/her autographkamdev_1 has celebrities hunting for his/her autographkamdev_1 has celebrities hunting for his/her autographkamdev_1 has celebrities hunting for his/her autographkamdev_1 has celebrities hunting for his/her autographkamdev_1 has celebrities hunting for his/her autographkamdev_1 has celebrities hunting for his/her autograph
UL: 29.68 gb DL: 59.79 gb Ratio: 0.50
the cartoon certainly is sexist
“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency, and vibration.” Nikola Tesla
Kamdev, Peace to all..

Old 1 Week Ago
Custom title

vidya boobs is hunted by the papparazividya boobs is hunted by the papparazividya boobs is hunted by the papparazividya boobs is hunted by the papparazividya boobs is hunted by the papparazividya boobs is hunted by the papparazi
un necessary news,1.waste news,,,,,,,,,2.smitha sabhrwal,is,eye,candy,for,outlook only--truly she is not eye candy

Closed Thread Free Video Chat with Indian Girls