Xossip

Go Back Xossip > BackOffice> Parking Lot> Completed Contests > ☆★☆ Ultimate Story Contest 2017 - Rules and Queries Thread ☆★☆

Free Video Chat with Indian Girls

Old 24th October 2017
Heart Wrenching XP !!
  Election: NHB Elections (Contest)    Contest Organizer: Active organizing member of an ongoing contest    Silver Coins: Contributed $25-$100 for XP server fund    Councillor: Council Member      
MumBaekar is one with the universeMumBaekar is one with the universeMumBaekar is one with the universeMumBaekar is one with the universeMumBaekar is one with the universeMumBaekar is one with the universeMumBaekar is one with the universeMumBaekar is one with the universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag Mahan View Post
Entry date badhao abhi time nahi hai likhne ka festival ke mausam me story kaun likhta hai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Captain Jack View Post
Yeh extend it upto 14th November Children's day
Still there r good 7 days for entry
At least start , am sure time pe ho jayegi

Old 25th October 2017
Loser
  Silver Coins: Contributed $25-$100 for XP server fund      
Ag Mahan is one with the universeAg Mahan is one with the universeAg Mahan is one with the universeAg Mahan is one with the universeAg Mahan is one with the universeAg Mahan is one with the universeAg Mahan is one with the universeAg Mahan is one with the universeAg Mahan is one with the universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by MumBaekar View Post
Still there r good 7 days for entry
At least start , am sure time pe ho jayegi
Ghar me chhat ho raha hai nahi likh sakta story khir mat badhao

Old 26th October 2017

krish_999 is one with the universekrish_999 is one with the universekrish_999 is one with the universekrish_999 is one with the universe
4000 words for one story is sometimes very less. If the rule was like - total 8000 words per writer, it would have been somewhat better; so that a writer can 'save' words from one entry and then use it in next entry. My first entry had 3200 words only. I wish...if I could use 4800 words for the second. Actually, my second story has 5800 words, which is impossible to bring down to 4000 and hence I am stuck.
Thanks.

Last edited by krish_999 : 26th October 2017 at 05:22 AM.

Old 26th October 2017

krish_999 is one with the universekrish_999 is one with the universekrish_999 is one with the universekrish_999 is one with the universe
The story indices are not reliable. I request the entries be added to the index as soon as they are posted. It's disappointing to move to the last page always to end up knowing there are no new stories or sometimes many stories are posted there. I read English stories only and it's not much fun to look for English stories among the Hindi stories. Up to date indices would be very helpful.
Thanks.

Old 26th October 2017
-
  Silver Coins: Contributed $25-$100 for XP server fund    Contest Organizer: Active organizing member of an ongoing contest    Councillor: Council Member    Mr Xossip: Mr XP Contest Winner      
Rooted has disabled reputations
Your word count tool doesn't work on devangiri

Suggestion: use this one!

Old 26th October 2017
Heart Wrenching XP !!
  Election: NHB Elections (Contest)    Contest Organizer: Active organizing member of an ongoing contest    Silver Coins: Contributed $25-$100 for XP server fund    Councillor: Council Member      
MumBaekar is one with the universeMumBaekar is one with the universeMumBaekar is one with the universeMumBaekar is one with the universeMumBaekar is one with the universeMumBaekar is one with the universeMumBaekar is one with the universeMumBaekar is one with the universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by krish_999 View Post
The story indices are not reliable. I request the entries be added to the index as soon as they are posted. It's disappointing to move to the last page always to end up knowing there are no new stories or sometimes many stories are posted there. I read English stories only and it's not much fun to look for English stories among the Hindi stories. Up to date indices would be very helpful.
Thanks.
I agree with your point but even Mods and OT members have their own private time and hence the delay, Updated index is always good but as the concerned people get time they keep updating it.

Old 26th October 2017
Heart Wrenching XP !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by krish_999 View Post
4000 words for one story is sometimes very less. If the rule was like - total 8000 words per writer, it would have been somewhat better; so that a writer can 'save' words from one entry and then use it in next entry. My first entry had 3200 words only. I wish...if I could use 4800 words for the second. Actually, my second story has 5800 words, which is impossible to bring down to 4000 and hence I am stuck.
Thanks.

I understand as a writer there are lot of things inside you which you want to tell people through your words and descriptions, but at the same time the crux of the contest is to bring out the best in you within some limits, hence the 4000 word condition. If you use your skills and experience, am sure you would be easily able to bring it down from 5800 to 4000. Nothing to be worried about, try reading yourself with a fresh mind and am sure you will find what needs to be edited.

Old 26th October 2017
Heart Wrenching XP !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooted View Post
Your word count tool doesn't work on devangiri

Suggestion: use this one!
done

Old 27th October 2017
World is very nice..but im not

vijay2309 is one with the universevijay2309 is one with the universevijay2309 is one with the universevijay2309 is one with the universevijay2309 is one with the universevijay2309 is one with the universevijay2309 is one with the universevijay2309 is one with the universevijay2309 is one with the universevijay2309 is one with the universe
Koi hai.....

Old 27th October 2017
Loser
  Silver Coins: Contributed $25-$100 for XP server fund      
Ag Mahan is one with the universeAg Mahan is one with the universeAg Mahan is one with the universeAg Mahan is one with the universeAg Mahan is one with the universeAg Mahan is one with the universeAg Mahan is one with the universeAg Mahan is one with the universeAg Mahan is one with the universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay2309 View Post
Koi hai.....
Kya hua ??

Free Video Chat with Indian Girls