Xossip

Go Back Xossip > ChitChat> News, Reviews & Gossip > No deadline for linking Aadhaar card to services says Supreme Court

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls

Old 13th March 2018
Proud Noob Padawan

damaaldusk has disabled reputations
Post No deadline for linking Aadhaar card to services says Supreme Court

'The government cannot insist for mandatory Aadhaar even for issuance of Tatkal passport,' the Supreme Court said

Supreme Court judgement on Aadhaar card: The Supreme Court today extended the March 31 deadline for mandatory linking of Aadhaar to avail various services and welfare schemes run by the government till its constitution bench delivered its verdict on the validity of the 12-digit biometric number and its enabling law.

A five-judge Constitution bench headed by Chief Justice Dipak Misra extended the deadline after the Centre said it had already submitted that they were ready to extend the March 31 deadline for linking of the national biometric identifier with all services and welfare schemes.

"We direct that the March 31, 2018, deadline for linking of Aadhaar with various services and welfare schemes stand extended till the matter is heard and judgement is pronounced by the constitution bench," the bench also comprising Justices A K Sikri, A M Khanwilkar, D Y Chandrachud and Ashok Bhushan said.

The extension of deadline would also apply on the mandatory linking of Aadhaar with the bank accounts and mobile phone numbers.

The constitution bench is hearing a batch of petitions which have challenged the constitutional validity of Aadhaar and its enabling Act.

On March 6, Attorney General K K Venugopal had indicated to the bench that the Centre was willing to extend the March 31 deadline in the wake of prolonged hearing of the matter.

On December 15 last year, the apex court had extended till March 31 the deadline for mandatory linking of Aadhaar with various services and welfare schemes.

If you haven't linked your Aadhaar to your mobile number or bank account yet, this might come as a relief.

The Constitution Bench, headed by Chief Justice Dipak Misra, hearing a bunch of petitions against the Aadhaar law, was informed by Attorney General K K Venugopal that the Centre had extended the deadline in the past, too, and that it could do so again.

"If required, we can do it again," Venugopal said, after petitioners challenging the constitutional validity of the Aadhaar scheme sought an extension of the deadline to link the 12-digit unique identity number with various government schemes and services.

The petitioners, for their part, said that the deadline was approaching and the case was unlikely to be decided by March 31.

On December 15, 2017, the apex court had directed that the deadline for the linking of Aadhaar with bank accounts and mobile phones be extended until March 31.

The Constitution Bench is hearing challenges to the constitutional validity of the Aadhaar scheme on the touchstone of the fundamental right to privacy on a bunch of petitions by former Karnataka High Court Judge K S Puttuswamy, Magsaysay awardee Shanta Sinha, feminist researcher Kalyani Sen Menon, and others.

What does Aadhaar deadline extension mean to you?

Over the last two weeks, mobile phone cellular service providers and banks have been messaging its clients to link one’s Aadhaar to their account or mobile phone. The order makes it clear that one does not have to link it until the Supreme Court passes its verdict in the case. So, for now, you can continue to ignore those messages.

source: http://www.business-standard.com/art...1300742_1.html

Old 13th March 2018
Banned

khiru has many secret admirers
in short govt themselves post pone it may be extension is valid for only couple of months

Old 13th March 2018
Life is just about Roleplaying
Visit my website
  Silver Coins: Contributed $25-$100 for XP server fund      
Montyv has celebrities hunting for his/her autographMontyv has celebrities hunting for his/her autographMontyv has celebrities hunting for his/her autographMontyv has celebrities hunting for his/her autographMontyv has celebrities hunting for his/her autograph
Send a message via Yahoo to Montyv Send a message via Skype™ to Montyv
Looks like the "Aadhar linking kiya kya" troll made the govt take this decision

Nice move tho

Last edited by Montyv : 13th March 2018 at 09:25 PM.

Old 13th March 2018

Tigerrr is beginning to get noticed
Religious, politically biased and inflammatory posts are a strict NO on Xossip. Please restrain from doing so, and for more information, Please see THIS

Last edited by moodyjat : 14th March 2018 at 09:30 AM.

Old 13th March 2018
Choot Ki Latt aur Paraai Naar
Visit my website
  Election: NHB Elections (Contest)    Silver Coins: Contributed $25-$100 for XP server fund      
axba has hacked the reps databaseaxba has hacked the reps databaseaxba has hacked the reps databaseaxba has hacked the reps databaseaxba has hacked the reps databaseaxba has hacked the reps databaseaxba has hacked the reps databaseaxba has hacked the reps databaseaxba has hacked the reps databaseaxba has hacked the reps database
So big fish arw safe again.
Innocents who have already linked their every thing with aadhar would only be on radar of IT.
:bullshit:

Old 13th March 2018

Just a Salesman has many secret admirersJust a Salesman has many secret admirers
Axba sir dont worry let it take some time. Soup done in hurry will not taste good. SC has done the right thing. Let it take some time but it should be finished before 2019. On a side note, I wanted to post this as new thread but let it be. Jaya Bacchan has declared assets worth 1000 crores for RS election. In 2012 she had declared just near about 500 crores.

Saala Sridevi superstar after acting in so many movies dies in fin crisis and this person hardly acted in few movies and 1000 crores she is worth. Saala apun tho baap ka paisa milega tho bhi iske saamne kuch nahi hai. Kaise karte hai ye log yaaar. Too much. Can somebody post the news in new thread so we can discuss this thread is only about Aadhar.

Old 13th March 2018

pm_me_ur_boobs is beginning to get noticed
Quote:
Originally Posted by axba View Post
So big fish arw safe again.
Innocents who have already linked their every thing with aadhar would only be on radar of IT.
:bullshit:
Well that is how world runs. Just look at this: - 1. Govt. does demonetization to force people to deposit their money in bank. 2. The bank gives money to rich people. 3. The rich people run away from India. 4. Govt brings a new law which make foreign funding (FDI in politics) legal. 5. Political parties are not included under RTI. Innocent public : - Govt is fighting corruption.

Old 13th March 2018

pm_me_ur_boobs is beginning to get noticed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Salesman View Post
Axba sir dont worry let it take some time. Soup done in hurry will not taste good. SC has done the right thing. Let it take some time but it should be finished before 2019. On a side note, I wanted to post this as new thread but let it be. Jaya Bacchan has declared assets worth 1000 crores for RS election. In 2012 she had declared just near about 500 crores.

Saala Sridevi superstar after acting in so many movies dies in fin crisis and this person hardly acted in few movies and 1000 crores she is worth. Saala apun tho baap ka paisa milega tho bhi iske saamne kuch nahi hai. Kaise karte hai ye log yaaar. Too much. Can somebody post the news in new thread so we can discuss this thread is only about Aadhar.
That is all due to Panama papers. Nahi toh wo kisaan h.

Old 13th March 2018

Just a Salesman has many secret admirersJust a Salesman has many secret admirers
Quote:
Originally Posted by pm_me_ur_boobs View Post
That is all due to Panama papers. Nahi toh wo kisaan h.
Lol u mean panama ka paisa wapis india aaya? Now she is richer than SRK also. Saala all low buget movies she acted and hardly earned anything and now 1000 crores. Nothing will happen to her. If i declare 1 crore also as salesman i will get f$#%D

Old 14th March 2018
Custom title

malikka has many secret admirers
Quote:
“Aadhaar Enrolment is free and voluntary”

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls