Xossip

Go Back Xossip > Technology> Computers, Gadgets & Gizmos > Help me upgrade my PC

Old 4th May 2017

asluvu is beginning to get noticed
Smile Help me upgrade my PC

Hi,

Here's my PC Stats:
AMD FX 8320
ASUS M5A97 R2.0
ASUS Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB OC Edition
PSU: 500 Watts Cooler Master
RAM: 8 GB
2 HDD : 500 GB WD (Primary) 1 TB Seagate Baracuda (Secondary)
COOLER MASTER STRYKER CABINET (FULL TOWER)

So here's my problem, I'm a gamer and often play high end graphics game like MASS EFFECT ANDROMEDA, Just Cause 3 etc. While playing these games my processor heats up moreover I had to play games on low settings, like 'lowest'.

So I decided to upgrade my system so as to avoid this problem of overheating and play games smoothly. Please suggest me some good processor and graphic card too.

Have you seen the announcement yet?
Old 4th May 2017
Banned

Himalaya10 is an unknown quantity at this point
First thing first.

1. Install free Driver Booster version and Advanced system Care for free,...
If you install ASC,.... Driver Booster 4.3 device driver will be automatically installed with it..

Make it a PRo version, ( by finding its free License code, using YT searchboxes,. ) - I will give you one if need for 10.3(latest) version and Driver Booster 4.3 version. ( It checks the whole system thoroughly well,.. and finds and installs automatically all latest drivers or any Games related applications,. Java, Adobe and many such,.. by itself,.. by comparing your system needs and latest drivers availability out there,.. it does not ask you anything,.. it knows what it is doing,...all automatically,... I use it for 10+ yrs.... )

Let it run and inspect the system thoroughly and take care of that all needed latest drivers, and accessories like game related ( "device drivers" software goes in very detail about it ) all necessary software are at its latest things or not,.. See if it works,..n' performance betters,..

2. Later, talk to ASUS ( toll free )( computer make ),.. tell what you are after,...talk to technical and sales staff and act like,.. you are keen to buying and may buy right now ( from their Sales ), if properly advised,.... and find out which Video card/software or any such needed, to enhance the game performance,.. Listen to them, as they are tech staff of their products and can advise you the best,..

3. Later, find and buy that item from any of your convenient sources like amazaon, flipcart, ebay, local stores,.... at the min. price ,..

[ Don't take any advise from readers here about what card to buy and what not,.....there remains 100s of detailed specifications / compatibility issues,..as per your system of yr computer,... Only yr Manu. can tell you perfectly, after checking into the details about yr computer. ]

Last edited by Himalaya10 : 4th May 2017 at 07:47 PM.

Old 4th May 2017
Never say never

DNA_Uncut is one with the universeDNA_Uncut is one with the universe
UL: 3.90 gb DL: 7.71 gb Ratio: 0.51
Upgrade the psu. Corsair cx series is recommended, recommended wattage 500w-700w

Make sure you have proper vent for the cpu.

regarding gpu, as you didn't tell your budget/ GTX 1050ti 2 GB variant is a decent upgrade

shove a 256 GB SSD (used one are available cheaper on ebay)

No need to upgrade the processor & ram

If you still face heating issue after these upgrades, you might need a liquid cooler.

Old 5th May 2017

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himalaya10 View Post
First thing first.

1. Install free Driver Booster version and Advanced system Care for free,...
If you install ASC,.... Driver Booster 4.3 device driver will be automatically installed with it..

Make it a PRo version, ( by finding its free License code, using YT searchboxes,. ) - I will give you one if need for 10.3(latest) version and Driver Booster 4.3 version. ( It checks the whole system thoroughly well,.. and finds and installs automatically all latest drivers or any Games related applications,. Java, Adobe and many such,.. by itself,.. by comparing your system needs and latest drivers availability out there,.. it does not ask you anything,.. it knows what it is doing,...all automatically,... I use it for 10+ yrs.... )

Let it run and inspect the system thoroughly and take care of that all needed latest drivers, and accessories like game related ( "device drivers" software goes in very detail about it ) all necessary software are at its latest things or not,.. See if it works,..n' performance betters,..

2. Later, talk to ASUS ( toll free )( computer make ),.. tell what you are after,...talk to technical and sales staff and act like,.. you are keen to buying and may buy right now ( from their Sales ), if properly advised,.... and find out which Video card/software or any such needed, to enhance the game performance,.. Listen to them, as they are tech staff of their products and can advise you the best,..

3. Later, find and buy that item from any of your convenient sources like amazaon, flipcart, ebay, local stores,.... at the min. price ,..

[ Don't take any advise from readers here about what card to buy and what not,.....there remains 100s of detailed specifications / compatibility issues,..as per your system of yr computer,... Only yr Manu. can tell you perfectly, after checking into the details about yr computer. ]

Thanks for the info. Plz provide me the software as I cannot find online V10 only V5.1 is available.

Old 5th May 2017

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA_Uncut View Post
Upgrade the psu. Corsair cx series is recommended, recommended wattage 500w-700w

Make sure you have proper vent for the cpu.

regarding gpu, as you didn't tell your budget/ GTX 1050ti 2 GB variant is a decent upgrade

shove a 256 GB SSD (used one are available cheaper on ebay)

No need to upgrade the processor & ram

If you still face heating issue after these upgrades, you might need a liquid cooler.
aren't liquid coolers messy! I mean there's always a chance of spillage which is very dangerous. I'm first going to see what Himalaya10 has said but please provide me your insight as to upgrading my whole system. Considering I've a budget of 30K!

Please reply soon!

Old 5th May 2017
Never say never

Liquid coolers are not messy. But pricey. 30k is not enough for a whole upgrade. The heating issue is because of the psu is bottle necking. With that 30k. You may upgrade the psu, gpu, ram (add another 8 GB) and a 256 GB SSD (Used one are available from 3.5k on ebay)

regarding psu corsair CX or RM series are recommended

http://www.amazon.in/Corsair-Builder...ds=corsair+psu

http://www.amazon.in/Corsair-RMx-Ser...ds=corsair+psu

FX 8320 is perfectly go for another 2 yrs atleast

Old 5th May 2017

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA_Uncut View Post
Liquid coolers are not messy. But pricey. 30k is not enough for a whole upgrade. The heating issue is because of the psu is bottle necking. With that 30k. You may upgrade the psu, gpu, ram (add another 8 GB) and a 256 GB SSD (Used one are available from 3.5k on ebay)

regarding psu corsair CX or RM series are recommended

http://www.amazon.in/Corsair-Builder...ds=corsair+psu

http://www.amazon.in/Corsair-RMx-Ser...ds=corsair+psu

FX 8320 is perfectly go for another 2 yrs atleast
ummm.... need info on the following:

1. SSD? I've done some research on SSD and found that they're Faster than HDD but are very expensive! They have limited capacity, I mean 5 TB is the max they go! You suggested me that I should go for a 256GB one but I don't think that would be sufficient for me. As I told you, I'm using a 1.5 TB in total right now. I like to collect PC games and the latest one weighs around 60GB+. So kindly suggest me a way out!

2. Graphic Card: Since you said FX 8320 is good for another 2 years, that means I can focus on getting a good GPU. As you know the all the games which are coming this year has a minimum requirement of 2GB of video memory, so I need to be future ready for my gig! Please provide me a GPU name which can withstand the upcoming gaming requirements for another 2 years.

3. PSU: You recommended Corsair and currently I'm using Cooler Master. The cabinet I use is also from Cooler Master : http://www.coolermaster.com/case/full-tower/stryker/
Can I install a corsair PSU in it? Also, which is best Corsair or Cooler Master?
Also, GPU also needs a certain specific power for the hardware. So Please suggest me accordingly!

4. RAMs : I'm currently using 8 GB RAMs from Kingston (2 Sticks) Should I get 1 stick of 8 GB RAM? Which brand/manufacturer is best? I hope there's no compatible issues!

Old 5th May 2017
Never say never

1) Use the SSD as a bootable storage (Install the OS (Windows) on it, and you can very much install 2-4 games in an 256 GB SSD. For the data storage use the sata hdd that you currently have

http://www.ebay.in/itm/SAMSUNG-820-I...IAAOSw2xRYda8m

The idea is to make the gaming experience faster with stable higher fps. You can't use SSD as a whole storage. If you plan for the bigger size ssds that would cost fortune right now. The prices may come down later

2) regarding gpu, since you 're splitting your budget for other components. GTX 1050ti 4 GB oc is the best budget gpu upgrade you can think of Or skip the ram upgrade (8 GB is enough) and pick Corsair rm 650 and go for GTX 1060.

3) I would suggest corsair (particularly CX or RM series for gamers, CX is mediocre, rm is my choice) over cool master. Corsair psu should fit fine on your cm cabinet.

Last edited by DNA_Uncut : 5th May 2017 at 10:00 PM.