Xossip

Go Back Xossip > ChitChat> Life, Lifestyle, Personal Advice & Tips > Moving to Chennai, Please give me the answers of my questions

Life, Lifestyle, Personal Advice & Tips Post your questions and problems on any subject. Fellow members will try to help you.

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls

Old 8th May 2011

Led Zeppelin has celebrities hunting for his/her autographLed Zeppelin has celebrities hunting for his/her autographLed Zeppelin has celebrities hunting for his/her autographLed Zeppelin has celebrities hunting for his/her autographLed Zeppelin has celebrities hunting for his/her autographLed Zeppelin has celebrities hunting for his/her autographLed Zeppelin has celebrities hunting for his/her autograph
UL: 0.00 b DL: 1.90 mb Ratio: 0.00
Besant Nagar is heaven of a place, Elliots Beach

Last edited by Led Zeppelin : 8th May 2011 at 09:54 AM.

Have you seen the announcement yet?
Old 8th May 2011

cool_romeo05 is an unknown quantity at this point
UL: 35.10 gb DL: 41.00 gb Ratio: 0.86
Pathetic Place ...

Old 8th May 2011

Led Zeppelin has celebrities hunting for his/her autographLed Zeppelin has celebrities hunting for his/her autographLed Zeppelin has celebrities hunting for his/her autographLed Zeppelin has celebrities hunting for his/her autographLed Zeppelin has celebrities hunting for his/her autographLed Zeppelin has celebrities hunting for his/her autographLed Zeppelin has celebrities hunting for his/her autograph
UL: 0.00 b DL: 1.90 mb Ratio: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino_rock_u View Post
how many months advance is taken by flat owner? Someone says 10 months, some say 6 months? Can u tell me about this?
They expect 10 months adv, but try negotiating it to 6 months.

Old 8th May 2011
Been There Destroyed That

something else has disabled reputations
UL: 7.01 gb DL: 4.32 gb Ratio: 1.62
lots of contradicting statements in this thread.

let me write down some facts down for you

1. Climate - Hot. (Usually 29 degrees or more)

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chennai#Climate

2. Language - Tamil is a must-know if you are planning to live in chennai. But you can survive with english / hindi. Rarely, you might meet some one who will mock you for not speaking the local language. be prepared.

There are lots of north indians in chennai. You are not the first one to visit Chennai without knowing the language - so no big deal.

There are places like Sowcarpet that are full of marwaris.

3. People - Similar to Delhi, every one will try to rip you off if you are not street smart / don't know the language. Be extra careful during finanical transactions.

The tamil spoken in chennai is usually rude / impolite compared to the tamil spoken in the other parts of the state, But, given that you don't speak the language, it hardly makes any difference

4. Food - If you are not into south indian cuiine, this will be a big problem. North Indian eateries may/may not be available depending upon which part of Chennai you live.

Old 8th May 2011
Custom title
  Silver Coins: Contributed $25-$100 for XP server fund    Betting Badshah: Winner    Storyteller: Valentine's Love Guru      
v_siddhesh has hacked the reps databasev_siddhesh has hacked the reps databasev_siddhesh has hacked the reps databasev_siddhesh has hacked the reps databasev_siddhesh has hacked the reps databasev_siddhesh has hacked the reps databasev_siddhesh has hacked the reps databasev_siddhesh has hacked the reps database
UL: 54.13 gb DL: 4.64 gb Ratio: 11.67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
If u r so adamant tht u will live only with ur community, Try out Sowcarpet, the whole area is full of hindi speaking people. But its in North of Chennai. Taramani is in deep south of chennai.
East Tambaram, Camp Road & a few tracts in that area are much the same with a large belt of Hindi speaking population.

@TS

Very basic butler english will also suffice for most groceries and other such areas. The shopkeepers too know some basic english and some will even speak the odd broken hindi. It may be hard at first, but there shouldn't be any long term issues at all.

Last edited by v_siddhesh : 8th May 2011 at 07:33 PM.

Old 9th May 2011

padava_rascal is beginning to get noticed
Post Welcome to chennai

Dear TS,

Dont worry ya... i feel you wont face much issuse in chennai. Apart from language, you will not face any cons in chennai. But it is common to all (if anyone shifting to unknown area). People in this world is common.

Dont take house Velacherry, taramani(baby colony) area. those areas are near but they are not good in rainy season.

Thiruvanmiyur, Adayar, Saidapet are good area for ur needs.

Come and join with us. Welcome to chennai

சுவற்றில் முட்டி முட்டி யோசிப்போர் சங்கம்

Old 9th May 2011
has attained Nirvana

budmaash has disabled reputations
Send a message via AIM to budmaash Send a message via MSN to budmaash Send a message via Yahoo to budmaash
UL: 1.15 gb DL: 2.02 gb Ratio: 0.57
All Off Topic Posts about Hindi/Tamil have been removed. If you guys still don't stop, Infractions will follow next

Old 9th May 2011

dino_rock_u is an unknown quantity at this point
Please don't lead the topic to mess like North india V/S south india and Hindi as a national langauage and bla bla..... I just want to know the reality of Chennai.

So, please stick to the topic only. I am good in english but my wife doesn't know english. But seems area like Thiruvanmiyur is close to IT Park, so they should be mix community! Shop owners should also be well aware of toot-phooti hindi, so in this case my wife shouldn't have problem. And for monthly shopping i shall have to go mall with my wife to manage the things.

Thanks

Old 9th May 2011

padava_rascal is beginning to get noticed
Quote:
Originally Posted by padava_rascal View Post
Dear TS,

Dont take house Velacherry, taramani(baby colony) area. those areas are near but they are not good in rainy season.

Thiruvanmiyur, Adayar, Saidapet are good area for ur needs.

No issuses ya... come on...

சுவற்றில் முட்டி முட்டி யோசிப்போர் சங்கம்

Old 9th May 2011

voncerg is an unknown quantity at this point
better get a house at thiruvanmiuyr which is just 10mins walk able distance to ascendas. Else get at adyar which is 15mins in bus to ascendas. And about the price range,since its just for you and your wife better get a 1bhk which would cost 9k/month or if u still wanna get a 2bhk then it would cost u around 15k..

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls