Xossip

Go Back Xossip > Technology> Technical Help & Tutorials > How to remove a site from Firefox

Old 20th February 2017
Custom title

rockbhai90 has many secret admirersrockbhai90 has many secret admirers
How to remove a site from Firefox

I've been trying hard to remove http://www.startgo123.com from my Firefox browser without any success. It doesn't let me update the browser to the latest version and nor are there any programs installed I see through Control Panel. It is annoying because whenever I click a 'New Tab' button, it redirects the home page to http://www.startgo123.com. I have set everything on Firefox to default, tried removing firefox profiles in the past but to no change. It initially goes to a different Home Page(Pic attached) and then to http://www.startgo123.com for a New Tab. Any help would be appreciated. I've googled for solutions that tell me this is a hijack website and my PC's security has been violated

Last edited by rockbhai90 : 20th February 2017 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Attaching Pictures

Have you seen the announcement yet?
Old 20th February 2017
Ultramod
  Silver Coins: Contributed $25-$100 for XP server fund    Super Moderator: Moderator of all forums      
dukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps database
UL: 12.32 gb DL: 3.65 gb Ratio: 3.37
Download Adwcleaner.

Old 20th February 2017
\~! The End is Near !~/
Visit my website
  Celebrity Contest: Guess the Celebrity Contest      
Mrghostrider has celebrities hunting for his/her autographMrghostrider has celebrities hunting for his/her autographMrghostrider has celebrities hunting for his/her autographMrghostrider has celebrities hunting for his/her autographMrghostrider has celebrities hunting for his/her autographMrghostrider has celebrities hunting for his/her autographMrghostrider has celebrities hunting for his/her autographMrghostrider has celebrities hunting for his/her autographMrghostrider has celebrities hunting for his/her autograph
Are you launching Firefox from the Desktop shortcut?? If so, right click on that, properties , then check the Target Field - If it has that address, delete it and save it.

Also you may need to run a anti virus/malware to make sure, they don't infect again.

Actress Stories for Quick Fapping

Old 21st February 2017
Custom title

rockbhai90 has many secret admirersrockbhai90 has many secret admirers
I have tried antiviruses that have failed. Recently installed Zemana Anti malware which got rid of malicious stuff but didn't remove tmgog or startgo123. uBlock Origin a new AdBlocker for Firefox did ask me to ban the initial page tmgog permanently, will have to check if that is true though. Tx for your replies people! Much appreciated. Still looking

Last edited by rockbhai90 : 21st February 2017 at 03:11 AM.

Old 23rd February 2017

brightclouds has disabled reputations
UL: 32.92 gb DL: 33.69 gb Ratio: 0.98
Yes Mr.Duhimta ADWCLEANER is best medicine for this case.

Old 15th March 2017

aishumomma has received several accoladesaishumomma has received several accoladesaishumomma has received several accoladesaishumomma has received several accolades
Go to Tools/Options
1. Under 'General' Restore homepage
2. Under 'Search' Select Google as your default search provider. Delete any unknown/suspicious entry.
3. Check for any suspicious entry under 'Extensions' and 'Plugins', if any remove/disable it

Restart your browser to check. If the problem still there then you need to hard reset your browser(before that backup your bookmarks).

Old 16th March 2017

9THARA has received several accolades9THARA has received several accolades9THARA has received several accolades9THARA has received several accolades
use ad cleaner

Thanks for your visit..

hope to see you again.

Old 2nd April 2017
Custom title

nagubhai is hunted by the papparazinagubhai is hunted by the papparazinagubhai is hunted by the papparazinagubhai is hunted by the papparazinagubhai is hunted by the papparazi
UL: 285.41 gb DL: 69.73 gb Ratio: 4.09
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukhiatma View Post
Download Adwcleaner.
Go with this application