Xossip

Go Back Xossip > ChitChat> Life, Lifestyle, Personal Advice & Tips > about to become jobless

Life, Lifestyle, Personal Advice & Tips Post your questions and problems on any subject. Fellow members will try to help you.

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #11  
Old 29th August 2017
damage_case's Avatar
damage_case damage_case is offline
 
Join Date: 22nd October 2011
Posts: 527
Rep Power: 15 Points: 811
damage_case has received several accoladesdamage_case has received several accoladesdamage_case has received several accoladesdamage_case has received several accolades
Quote:
Originally Posted by illegal View Post
Agree with this approach. Somehow our Indian mentality is, breaks after college, breaks between career switching etc is not good. You won't forget all your tips and tricks or mastery skills you earned, with a 6 month break.

In my life, I got a campus selection job and didn't even get time to learn about market. After 6 years in first company, I realised that, I need a break, not a new job. So took 5 months off, took entire PF (showing reason as relocating outside country) and spent an amazing 5 months @ Dubai with friends and family. That re-freshness is still driving me. (13 years completed on another company now).

During this period met many guys in US,Australia etc, where they switch jobs every 4-5 years and take 1 year break driving through the length and breadth of company, doing hiking and other stuff they wanted to do while working, but was not getting adequate time off.

So,be positive. Take break.Have fun. Join back better place.
PS:- After 7-10 years exp. in IT field, it doesn't matter your skillset of techincal expertise for all jobs. Come out of just programmer,developer,support roles and think more about managerial jobs, technical consultant jobs or start ups(entrepreneurship) . All the best.
thanks for the motivation. but im not that social or traveler. i have a situation at home due to which i cannot move out of my city (for work or traveling). my focus is on getting a job. and its now 29th and i still havent found one which is scary.
______________________________
That's What She Said...

Reply With Quote
Have you seen the announcement yet?
  #12  
Old 29th August 2017
damaaldusk's Avatar
damaaldusk damaaldusk is offline
Proud Noob Padawan
 
Join Date: 6th August 2007
Posts: 4,180
damaaldusk has disabled reputations
Quote:
Originally Posted by damage_case View Post
Thanks all

In IT it is considered a sin/taboo to resign before finding another job. Although I dont know why.
Not in IT - In our Indian Society & desi mindset. Professionals take planned sabbaticals all the time in other countries & future employers do not give a single fuck about it as long as you're qualified for the job vacancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage_case View Post
Right now all I can do is find another job. I am applying to whatever comes my way. Even if it isnt in my domain. Thats the best I can do.
Please do not do that - take your time, a gap between two jobs is not that big a deal, if you've work experience. If you take the first opportunity (in any domain) which falls in your lap, chances are you would be in the similar situation that got you here in the first place.
______________________________
DAMAAL DUSK

Reply With Quote
Have you seen the announcement yet?
  #13  
Old 29th August 2017
danny456 danny456 is offline
 
Join Date: 17th January 2012
Posts: 830
Rep Power: 15 Points: 642
danny456 has received several accoladesdanny456 has received several accoladesdanny456 has received several accolades
I remember we have had some discussions in the past too....

I have no idea about the family situation that u are in currently...

You seem to be the Type A personality with anxiety disorder at the moment...

Calm down take deep breaths and get into Yogic mode pronto....

You know the problem....
Start focusing on solutions rather than the problem...and u hv the solutions already courtesy some of our friends here...

I hv been out of jobs for more than two years at a stretch....but in the end it was always a blessing in disguise...

Is the situation ur girlfriend or is it financial or is it the family? There seems to be more than meets the eye....it cannot be just the need for a job in hand....

All the best...Good luck.

Reply With Quote
Have you seen the announcement yet?
  #14  
Old 29th August 2017
Nebelwerfer Nebelwerfer is offline
 
Join Date: 12th August 2017
Posts: 656
Rep Power: 1 Points: 366
Nebelwerfer has many secret admirers
While you are searching for the suitable job, you have something most valuable, even more than money or experience - TIME!

If you don't want to move out or travel, use that precious time and do some online courses from websites like coursea or alike. Google and you will find a few good websites. Do the courses that meets your skill set or advances the scope of your domain. Use this time and ADD something to your resume so that when u appear for next interview, you are well armed to kill the competition. Their certificates might not be equivalent to university degrees but the knowledge and skill they will add to you will become priceless at the right time in future. In all cases, a person that utilizes his time while on break is better than the person who doesnt utilize that time!

Reply With Quote
Have you seen the announcement yet?
  #15  
Old 30th August 2017
damage_case's Avatar
damage_case damage_case is offline
 
Join Date: 22nd October 2011
Posts: 527
Rep Power: 15 Points: 811
damage_case has received several accoladesdamage_case has received several accoladesdamage_case has received several accoladesdamage_case has received several accolades
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebelwerfer View Post
While you are searching for the suitable job, you have something most valuable, even more than money or experience - TIME!

If you don't want to move out or travel, use that precious time and do some online courses from websites like coursea or alike. Google and you will find a few good websites. Do the courses that meets your skill set or advances the scope of your domain. Use this time and ADD something to your resume so that when u appear for next interview, you are well armed to kill the competition. Their certificates might not be equivalent to university degrees but the knowledge and skill they will add to you will become priceless at the right time in future. In all cases, a person that utilizes his time while on break is better than the person who doesnt utilize that time!
I understand. Actually in my position the situation is the following:-

Within my domain, even if I watch a bunch of youtube tutorials and take online classes... that experience will not match with hands on experience. So all that information will become useless if I dont get to work on those tools. I do watch a lot of youtube sessions etc... but if I dont work on those products then that info goes out of the head. Plus I cannot put that on my CV as hands on exp. I have lied in my cv previously and it didnt help. it causes more shame and embarrassment later on when working on those products.

Outside my domain, most managerial certifications (i have done a couple) are very very costly. Almost my one months salary for a few weekends courses. They just add brownie points to my cv but in my IT domain at my position... they dont help at all... because they cannot consider someone non-technically expert to be managerial.
______________________________
That's What She Said...

Reply With Quote
Have you seen the announcement yet?
  #16  
Old 30th August 2017
desiboysizzler's Avatar
desiboysizzler desiboysizzler is offline
Custom title
 
Join Date: 5th April 2015
Location: Heart of India
Posts: 1,739
Rep Power: 9 Points: 1440
desiboysizzler is a pillar of our communitydesiboysizzler is a pillar of our communitydesiboysizzler is a pillar of our communitydesiboysizzler is a pillar of our communitydesiboysizzler is a pillar of our communitydesiboysizzler is a pillar of our communitydesiboysizzler is a pillar of our community
I don't know what to say.
I'm too jobless means I didn't reach for any private jobs......

I'm involved in my family shop right from my childhood but the work we do in our shop is now very uncertain...

now my guardian/parents/relatives all are stem killing me to try for govt bank jobs....

while my mind is not make me focus on study of competition exams.....

I'm very scared about my feature what will happen then to me....

I'm about to complete silver Jubilee of my life and I hadn't decided what actually I have to do ....

I'm very confused.....
______________________________
मुझे खैरात में मिली खुशियाँ अच्छी नहीं लगती, मैं अपने गमो में भी रहता हूँ नवाबो की तरह।

Reply With Quote
Have you seen the announcement yet?
  #17  
Old 31st August 2017
Nebelwerfer Nebelwerfer is offline
 
Join Date: 12th August 2017
Posts: 656
Rep Power: 1 Points: 366
Nebelwerfer has many secret admirers
Quote:
Originally Posted by damage_case View Post
I understand. Actually in my position the situation is the following:-

Within my domain, even if I watch a bunch of youtube tutorials and take online classes... that experience will not match with hands on experience. So all that information will become useless if I dont get to work on those tools. I do watch a lot of youtube sessions etc... but if I dont work on those products then that info goes out of the head. Plus I cannot put that on my CV as hands on exp. I have lied in my cv previously and it didnt help. it causes more shame and embarrassment later on when working on those products.

Outside my domain, most managerial certifications (i have done a couple) are very very costly. Almost my one months salary for a few weekends courses. They just add brownie points to my cv but in my IT domain at my position... they dont help at all... because they cannot consider someone non-technically expert to be managerial.
Please, i was not talking about YouTube videos! Google coursea or edx. Look before you form a judgement!

And something is better than nothing.

Reply With Quote
Have you seen the announcement yet?
  #18  
Old 31st August 2017
damage_case's Avatar
damage_case damage_case is offline
 
Join Date: 22nd October 2011
Posts: 527
Rep Power: 15 Points: 811
damage_case has received several accoladesdamage_case has received several accoladesdamage_case has received several accoladesdamage_case has received several accolades
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebelwerfer View Post
Please, i was not talking about YouTube videos! Google coursea or edx. Look before you form a judgement!

And something is better than nothing.
May I know what is the source of this anger? I was talking to you cordially and did mention classroom/online courses and certifications pertaining to my domain which were costly and I cannot put on my cv to get a job in my domain based on merely getting a certification n no hands on exp.
______________________________
That's What She Said...

Reply With Quote
Have you seen the announcement yet?
  #19  
Old 31st August 2017
Rama999's Avatar
Rama999 Rama999 is offline
❤ Bhavana ❤
 
Join Date: 4th August 2009
Posts: 27,381
Rama999 has disabled reputations
Quote:
Originally Posted by desiboysizzler View Post
I don't know what to say.
I'm too jobless means I didn't reach for any private jobs......

I'm involved in my family shop right from my childhood but the work we do in our shop is now very uncertain...

now my guardian/parents/relatives all are stem killing me to try for govt bank jobs....

while my mind is not make me focus on study of competition exams.....

I'm very scared about my feature what will happen then to me....

I'm about to complete silver Jubilee of my life and I hadn't decided what actually I have to do ....

I'm very confused.....
25 years is a young age bro
u still have about 35+ years of career infront of u
ur situation is very common
after graduating we just look for jobs which we studied for and for the pay
we dont really do what we like - that is mainly due to financial commitments as well as family/peer presuure
just be relaxed
do what you can do for a couple of years and have good savings
when u reach about 35 decide your career n future and do what you want to do if possible
______________________________

Reply With Quote
Have you seen the announcement yet?
  #20  
Old 31st August 2017
Nebelwerfer Nebelwerfer is offline
 
Join Date: 12th August 2017
Posts: 656
Rep Power: 1 Points: 366
Nebelwerfer has many secret admirers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama999 View Post
when u reach about 35 decide your career n future and do what you want to do if possible
........ and then enjoy something called "midlife crisis"!

Reply With Quote
Have you seen the announcement yet?
Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:27 PM.
Page generated in 0.02066 seconds