Xossip

Go Back Xossip > Technology> Technical Help & Tutorials > PC shuts down all of a sudden. Help..!!

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls

Old 6th June 2018

christy4290 is an unknown quantity at this point
PC shuts down all of a sudden. Help..!!

Tried applying thermal paste assuming that its a heating issue. But issue persists. How to know if its an issue with SMPS? Suggest other possible causes pls. Occur once in 4-5 days of use.

Old 7th June 2018
Hypotheses non fingo

thermometer1 has received several accoladesthermometer1 has received several accoladesthermometer1 has received several accoladesthermometer1 has received several accoladesthermometer1 has received several accolades
Check the Shutdown log. Monitor CPU and HD temperature. Perform a RAM health check.

Old 7th June 2018
Custom title

priyariya is a pillar of our communitypriyariya is a pillar of our communitypriyariya is a pillar of our communitypriyariya is a pillar of our communitypriyariya is a pillar of our communitypriyariya is a pillar of our communitypriyariya is a pillar of our communitypriyariya is a pillar of our community
Quote:
Originally Posted by christy4290 View Post
Tried applying thermal paste assuming that its a heating issue. But issue persists. How to know if its an issue with SMPS? Suggest other possible causes pls. Occur once in 4-5 days of use.
when did u buy the smps

https://www.xossip.com/showthread.php?t=1447574

Old 7th June 2018

tobermory is a pillar of our communitytobermory is a pillar of our communitytobermory is a pillar of our communitytobermory is a pillar of our communitytobermory is a pillar of our communitytobermory is a pillar of our community
It doesn't sound like an SMPS issue. But if you are comfortable with handling hardware, disconnect all non-essential hardware .... like remove the sound card, DVD drive, if you have a graphics card,remove it and boot from onboard graphics, if you have multiple RAM modules, keep only one .... if you have multiple hard drives, keep only the primary drive from which the OS boots .... the idea is reduce the power required, as much as possible ... to be honest, it doesn't sound like an SMPS issue to me, but by reducing the required power, you can check if it is ......
Also, by removing the hardware to bare minimum required to boot, you can narrow down if it's some particular hardware which is causing the problem

Old 7th June 2018

I bought the SMPS 2 years before, I think.

Old 7th June 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermometer1 View Post
Check the Shutdown log. Monitor CPU and HD temperature. Perform a RAM health check.
Please view the attachment showing the details. I will check and update shutdown logs event. Thx.

https://pzy.be/i/2/Issue+1

Last edited by christy4290 : 7th June 2018 at 07:44 PM.

Old 7th June 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobermory View Post
It doesn't sound like an SMPS issue. But if you are comfortable with handling hardware, disconnect all non-essential hardware .... like remove the sound card, DVD drive, if you have a graphics card,remove it and boot from onboard graphics, if you have multiple RAM modules, keep only one .... if you have multiple hard drives, keep only the primary drive from which the OS boots .... the idea is reduce the power required, as much as possible ... to be honest, it doesn't sound like an SMPS issue to me, but by reducing the required power, you can check if it is ......
Also, by removing the hardware to bare minimum required to boot, you can narrow down if it's some particular hardware which is causing the problem
It's a basic PC. It doesn't have sound card, DVD Drive, Graphics Card. Only 1 RAM, 1 HDD. I interchanged the power cables of monitor & CPU. I feel like I hear a shorting sound just before it turns off. A very rare chance of having power cable's issue. Thx.

Old 7th June 2018

gowindo has many secret admirersgowindo has many secret admirers
2 years seems to be too less for SMPS life, it should come for more. But it is usually SMPS issue or Motherboard issue. In either SMPS or Motherboard, one of the capacitors would have gone. Request someone to lend their SMPS of same type to remove and check. If it is SMPS issue, it won't cost much. If it is motherboard capacitor issue, if you have reliable repair vendor, it won't cost much. Unknown vendor may say, change the motherboard :-)

Old 7th June 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowindo View Post
2 years seems to be too less for SMPS life, it should come for more. But it is usually SMPS issue or Motherboard issue. In either SMPS or Motherboard, one of the capacitors would have gone. Request someone to lend their SMPS of same type to remove and check. If it is SMPS issue, it won't cost much. If it is motherboard capacitor issue, if you have reliable repair vendor, it won't cost much. Unknown vendor may say, change the motherboard :-)
I accidentally pressed one of the capacitor a little bit when i re installed fan after applying thermal paste. The reason for applying the thermal paste was this 'random off' issue. So, i don't think its an issue with motherboard. Are the values in my screenshot normal?
Also, the issue occurs once in 4-5 days of approx 8 hrs use a day.

Old 8th June 2018
Custom title

priyariya is a pillar of our communitypriyariya is a pillar of our communitypriyariya is a pillar of our communitypriyariya is a pillar of our communitypriyariya is a pillar of our communitypriyariya is a pillar of our communitypriyariya is a pillar of our communitypriyariya is a pillar of our community
Quote:
Originally Posted by christy4290 View Post
I accidentally pressed one of the capacitor a little bit when i re installed fan after applying thermal paste. The reason for applying the thermal paste was this 'random off' issue. So, i don't think its an issue with motherboard. Are the values in my screenshot normal?
Also, the issue occurs once in 4-5 days of approx 8 hrs use a day.
u really dont have to worry if it happens once in 4-5 days if it happens daily then its a major issue

https://www.xossip.com/showthread.php?t=1447574

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls